PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/05/super-moon-over-earth-saturday-night.html
Hope it is clear where you are. This is gonna be a nice one.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ok, but the real questions, imo, are:
How is it possible that the Moon is exactly 400 times smaller than the Sun, and exactly 400 times closer to the Earth than the Sun, making possible an exact total eclipse? Coincidence?
Why do we find a consistent sequence of integer numbers when looking at every major aspect of the Moon, whereas no pattern emerges for any other planet or moon in the solar system?
Why does an ancient system of geometry and measurement used in the Stone Age work perfectly on the Moon?
For these and many other burning questions, I refer you to:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_28.htm

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Everything has an observable pattern.
Yes, very true. For those who enjoy delving into such questions, you may enjoy this presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L777RhL_Fz4

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
It's raining ungodly hard! :crying:

Me and my friends were super excited to sit around the fire enjoying our pipes and beautiful sights. Tis mother nature I guess

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Well the sky is clear here, temp is a tad cool so no bugs at all. Smoking my first aromatic bowl this week in a cob and looking at the big bright moon...life's good.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I actually got out my grand dad's old telescope and pointed it at the moon tonight. Focus was out unfortunately.
But it was a good view in my area, pretty clear.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Skies were clear over Ohio last night. I took this picture about midnight local time.
048-1.jpg

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I was very disappointed because it was overcast where I live and the moon was not as large as it seems it should have been.

Maybe something slipped into my tobacco before I smoked it, but I am almost sure it was not a "SUPERMOON" that I witnessed.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Going to be close for a while yet. Last night was just the fullest and closest.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Got my grandpa's (God rest his soul) old Celestron Firstscope 80 all dusted off and had a look at the moon tonight.
it's not a very user friendly unit, and it defies proper focus.
If anyone with knowledge on the subject can recommend a better and yet still economical telescope, I'm all ears.

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
It was a cloudy night here on lake superior but my wife, roommate and myself took a massive canvas canoe out of the lake. The waster was smooth and at a nice mild temperature. Brought out my Peterson B5 and some Frog Morton on the Bayou, lovey time!

Status
Not open for further replies.