New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, once the counterfeit Czech tool ring was rounded up and prosecuted, there was a hole in the black market, so they turned to raising prices on the super value cheapo products to fill in the gaps. That extra $.09 is going to fuel the Chinese fake briar market... which will soon be closed because of Mike Thompson's work in closing all of those gaps. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't gotten to washing out my pipe cleaners, but if a pipe cleaner isn't too stained, I'll re-use it. I can make a pack last for an unlikely length of time. Nothing gross, mind you, just re-use as indicated. It's me Scottish blood you see.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Wow ... yous guys pay USD 1.09 a pack, we pay at least EUR 2 .. Well except for the Angelo pipe cleaners, those are dirt cheap, but soft as hell, you use 5 or 6 of them to clean a pipe properly.

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Would you feel better if they increased the price 1% per day for 11 days? The price didn't actually increase over night, it increased instantly when they posted it. LOL

Many things have increased in price, primarily due the supply shortages, shutdowns, etc. due to COVID. Check out lumber as an example. A 4' x 8' sheet of decking has gone from around $12 per sheet to as high as $31 per sheet. Dependent upon how long the price has been $.99, I'd consider a dime a reasonable increase.

I'm also wondering if you're just joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.