PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
Hard to discuss a blend that i plan on cellaring rather than smoking, but then again this is not a review. I have smoked previous versions of this blend by C&D but this one has me particularly excited! They paired with an apiary from the town of their founding in South Carolina to make the light casing so this NON-Aromatic blend.
Was anyone else lucky enough to have grabbed a tin or five before they sold out? If you did what are you expectations and are you as excited as i am?

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
I got mine coming. I too want it to cellar but I will probably open just because I'm anxious to try it based upon the comments I've heard about the recipe. After that then I'll let it jar for awhile.

• Love
Reactions: PuffingWalrus

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
I got mine coming. I too want it to cellar but I will probably open just because I'm anxious to try it based upon the comments I've heard about the recipe. After that then I'll let it jar for awhile.
I will most likely be doing the same. I prefer to age my collection in jars anyway. I find it more efficient that way. That and mason jars look cool.

Reactions: JimPM

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
This is understandable. I got mine mainly because of it being the 30th year and i totally missed out on anthology.
You might try signing up at tobaccopipes.com to get a notice on Anthology if they get it back in stock. I did that and got an email last Thursday that it was back in stock (currently out of stock, but they might get it back in again; I don't know what C&D's plan is for future production).

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
I picked up a four tins last night just after midnight. (I was up anyway.) Based on @JimInks review and Smoking Pipes video with Jeremy Reeves, the blender, I'm very much looking forward to the latest iteration of Sun Bear. I really enjoyed the prior version, Black Locust. I smoked through the first of two tins last year on vacation and just cracked the second this week. I'll probably smoke one tin of Mountain Flower right away and cellar the remaining ones in their tins.

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
You might try signing up at tobaccopipes.com to get a notice on Anthology if they get it back in stock. I did that and got an email last Thursday that it was back in stock (currently out of stock, but they might get it back in again; I don't know what C&D's plan is for future production).
Thank you I will do that. I have done that on smokingpipes.com already but nothing wrong with multiple alerts from more than one source. My only fear is that it just wont release again.