PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
I was musing about how much I enjoy my three Savinelli Tre series pipes, so I went over to SP just to see what other shapes they had in that series. Uh oh - banner ad for C&D sale. Another $100 spent on tobacco... puffy
If that's the worse that happens today then your doing alright ??.
Thou with a sale on, it could of been detrimental to your health so you done well stopping.

Reactions: Lyle b and BROBS

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I went to SP last night looking to see if there was anything noteworthy among the new arrivals and that banner ad for the 20% stopped me in my tracks. "Oooh, now looky here!" I thought to myself. I feverishly dropped a bunch of tins in my cart while reasoning to myself that it's okay because it's Veteran's Day and a little treat for self was in order. Then I started getting all sentimental on my self and thought perhaps since I served 8 years I should buy 8 tins...no, no, no...make that 8 lbs. Then I thought..."well Beezer...the Marine Corps birthday was the day before and you didn't really remember that day like you should have...so perhaps make it 10 lbs for the Corps...Semper Fi and all that jazz!"

Just as I was about to find a payment method my wife came over to say goodnight and looked at the screen and I thought she was going to feint. In that moment the only thing I could muster up was "it's for a good cause sweetie!" She told me I had said that very same thing to her three times this month and we're hardly two weeks into November. I nervously laughed and told her I'd sleep on it. I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar, and realized my 15th wedding anniversary is in only three days....and then it started all over again..."Beezer, forget about the 10 lbs for Veteran's Day and the Marine Corps Birthday...your 15th anniversary is coming up...add another 5 lbs of tins to get up to 15 lbs...it's the only fitting way to celebrate putting up with your wife for 15 years!"

Lol. The rabbit hole is deep my friends. Take a rope and tie it to a tree before you go down it!

brut666

Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
I went to SP last night looking to see if there was anything noteworthy among the new arrivals and that banner ad for the 20% stopped me in my tracks. "Oooh, now looky here!" I thought to myself. I feverishly dropped a bunch of tins in my cart while reasoning to myself that it's okay because it's Veteran's Day and a little treat for self was in order. Then I started getting all sentimental on my self and thought perhaps since I served 8 years I should buy 8 tins...no, no, no...make that 8 lbs. Then I thought..."well Beezer...the Marine Corps birthday was the day before and you didn't really remember that day like you should have...so perhaps make it 10 lbs for the Corps...Semper Fi and all that jazz!"

Just as I was about to find a payment method my wife came over to say goodnight and looked at the screen and I thought she was going to feint. In that moment the only thing I could muster up was "it's for a good cause sweetie!" She told me I had said that very same thing to her three times this month and we're hardly two weeks into November. I nervously laughed and told her I'd sleep on it. I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar, and realized my 15th wedding anniversary is in only three days....and then it started all over again..."Beezer, forget about the 10 lbs for Veteran's Day and the Marine Corps Birthday...your 15th anniversary is coming up...add another 5 lbs of tins to get up to 15 lbs...it's the only fitting way to celebrate putting up with your wife for 15 years!"

Lol. The rabbit hole is deep my friends. Take a rope and tie it to a tree before you go down it!

? So I think your math is a little wrong.
Would it not be 10lbs and then an additional 15lbs for the anniversary. After all, she is worth it

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've been fighting the sale urge really badly. I was really close to buying another pound of briar fox, but then when I checked on my cart, it said they had -2 in stock....lol weird

Reactions: Jwebb90 and BROBS