PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
I mean that’s fine but it shouldn’t have been that way. You’ve now got a chamber less than an inch deep.
Agreed that the QC could have been better for sure. But my dozen other Petes are solid smokers so I'm not really complaining. There was probably more like 3/16" of space under the draft hole of which I didn't quite fill completely, still leaving 1.125" of chamber to fill. I bought this pipe for a short smoke and now it delivers that perfectly; cool, dry, and full of flavor.

Reactions: BROBS
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
A few years ago there was a thread here that elaborated on the benefits of using hardwood ash and/or activated charcoal (not sure which one or if both were mentioned more or less interchangeably) over ash from cigars or pioe tobacco. Turns out that food grade activated charcoal powder is cheap, available on Amazon, and a small 2 ounce jar that I bought then for 5 or 6 bucks is enough to last for a long time. Easy to make water based pipe mud, or any other coating that calls fo ash as an ingredient. Maybe it is better than tobacco ash, maybe not, I am not a materials engineer, but it is convenient and easy to work with.

Cheers

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker
Status
Not open for further replies.