PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
So I just moved to Stuttgart and the first think I had to do with my free time is to find a decent pipe store. I had three on my list, but the first two were nothing more that routine tobacconists that carried basket pipes. The third, however, was a different story.
Durninger's on Lange Strasse 9, was truly a pipe store. Small, but still a nice store. They carried all of the main brands of European pipe tobacco and a decent selection of pipes. They have Mac Baren, Dunhill, Rattray, Orlik, and some very nice house blends to choose from. Expect to pay a higher price that in the US, which should be expected. A 50g pouch of Orlik Golden Slice cost me 10.50 euro.
They carried some very nice Dunhills, some of which were at a pretty reasonable price as far as Dunhills go. The price ranges from 300 euro to 900 euro (that pipe was a limited edition of 300 pipes).They also sport a good sized humidor loaded with some great Cuban cigars. There is a two to three seat smoking area in the store itself. I didn't get the guy's name that assisted me, but he was extremely helpful while puffing away on his pipe.
Long story short; if you are in Stuttgart, go to Durninger. You won't be disappointed. Next time I go there I will get the guy's name and take some photos to share.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Definitely a stop I'll add if I go through Stuttgart.
You mention Cuban cigars. Here's a great one findable in Germany but scarcer many other places: Partagas Serie P No 2. An amazing smoke if you want a change of pace from your pipe.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Sounds like a great place! If I ever find myself in Stuttgart I'll be sure to look it up. The price might be high to American standards but cheap in Europe. In Sweden you'd pay double and then some for a 50g pouch..

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
jguss
You mention Cuban cigars. Here's a great one findable in Germany but scarcer many other places: Partagas Serie P No 2. An amazing smoke if you want a change of pace from your pipe.
Funny you mention that. I picked up quite a few cubans. I had brought some Stonehaven and Samuel Gawith Rum Twist with me. But I had a hankering. So I actually went to the Casa del Habanos for the cigars. One of which was a Partagas Series D #4! Now I will keep a look out for the Series P. I also picked up some Ramon Allones Special Select and some Cohiba Siglo I's. All in all it was a good day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Have a friend who retired to Stuttgart, but I don't think he's a pipe smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.