PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
He was one of the best to work for the mothership. I'm not a huge ESPN fan, but they are an entity synonymous with cable sports and Scott was one of their best.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I never liked him at first and the hip hop style did not resonate with me. However, I have a deep appreciation for a trailblazing individual who sees something and seizes it at the right moment. That is exactly what Stuart Scott did and he never looked back.
Then, I started to learn more about him as a person - he was an incredible human being. Check out this video on his life that was produced by ESPN, Stuart Scott's Legacy:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12118361&categoryid=2378529
He also said the single most amazing thing I have ever heard about living with cancer: "When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ever since ESPN parted ways with the NHL I haven't watched the station much if at all. I do recall watching many SportsCenter shows with Stuart Scott as a kid though and I loved when he was on. He made the highlights fun. I'm sure he inspired some of today's younger sportscasters. He'll definitely be missed by family, friends, and the sports world.

Status
Not open for further replies.