PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjs1164

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
By the way, on Tobacco Reviews you can search on blends by strength.
  1. Click the Search tab
  2. Click Show More Search Fields
  3. Click the Average Strength text box.
  4. Select the strength level you're looking for (Extremely strong, Very Strong... etc)
  5. Click the Search button
Didn't know that...Thanks

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Over several years I took the grand tour of some strong tobaccos. After that, you may find yourself exploring medium and even milder blends again for a wider range of taste and experience. I still enjoy some stronger blends, but more as an accent than as daily blends.
@mso489 I mostly smoke milder blends, but do enjoy strong blends occasionally (1-2 times a week)

That is for next time for sure. I have read about it in the forum, but let me play the minor leagues first before going major!
Cotton Boll Twist is a multi-use tobacco (pipe/chew) and it has so much rustica in it that it is about the strongest tobacco that I've encountered. But, you will have to look for a website that will ship it to your area. But, if you like strong, it will be worth a try.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I'm with chasingembers, I seem to be immune to nicotine. I predominately smoke the strongest tobaccos available: 1792, MB Bold Kentucky, Irish Flake, 5 brothers, Revor and all of the GH ropes and plugs. Even with big bowls, I detect not even a faint change in my brain chemistry, other than a feeling of satisfaction and satiation. My favourites for flavour, although not strong at all in my book, are Old Dark Fired and GLP Jacknife plug. The strongest of all, IMO, is an Indonesian tobacco called Tambolaka, but I don't think it tastes very good and is a bugger to prepare.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea, Old Dark Fired is not really strong to me either. I think the Bold Kentucky is better and stronger. I’ve been sitting on some tins of Jack Knife Plug for awhile and finally opened a tin. Wow! It’s strong. It almost closed my throat off, made my tongue float, and gave me the hiccups. To me, Jackknife is way better than The McBaren offerings of Dark Fired, In the flavor and strength department.

Reactions: cshubhra
I got some fantastic recommendations- Thank you all.

I will try @chasingembers recipe of 50% ODF and 50% SG Black XX Twist very soon. I have both of them. I generally smoke Black XX on a Sunday afternoon, so this Sunday may be a time to try it

I ordered 3 tobacco from above - GH Dark Flake, Macbaren Bold Kentucky and War Horse Bar (First 3 recommendations)

I also ordered C&D Burley #1 which is also supposed to be very strong.

I have noted down the rest for subsequent purchases.

I mostly smoke blends which are mild in Nicotine - Strong Blends are occasional smokes. One of the reasons for strong tobacco being my occasional smoke, is because two strong blends I have currently is so difficult to prepare (SG Ropes) .

I smoke cigarettes as well. Some strong tobacco in the pipe might reduce some craving for cigarettes.

Nice haul! The Dark Flake (can't tell if it's scented or unscented), Burley Flake, and WarHorse, I would rank up there with some of the strongest. I am not familiar with the Reiner blend, but, the Bold Kentucky is more about the flavor than nicotine, IMO. And, I'm not sure why the AGF is in there. It is what I would consider more of an all day thing. All will surely be a joy to explore for the first time. Enjoy!!

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.