PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffeweisse

Might Stick Around
Sep 9, 2013
Today I decided to order my first 14" pipe (a.k.a churchwarden). I found out about Tom Johnson of Luna Pipes from a youtube video I watched some time ago. He is considered a master pipe craftsman specializing in The Lord Of The Rings pipes series. The specific pipe I ordered is a 14" strider briar with maple stem.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, I have to wait 6 months to be able to smoke it :puffy: I did not want to purchase a cheap mass produced churchwarden, or lower quality material. So I will have to be patient.
Does anyone have any experience with Tom Johnson, and could I have went a different route?
60510e2d-60f8-4600-865f-0b6bd0102bba_zps07c82907.jpg
[/url][/img]

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
The one I had was very nice indeed. Never got a chance to smoke it. Oh well.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I almost bought a MacQueen pipe made of ash last year at the Chicago Pipe Show. Perhaps this year I will pull the trigger.
Winton

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I have this Savinelli Churchwarden:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=118177
It's a bit shorter than most but I love it for how unique it is and how great of a smoker it is! It also comes in at less than $100 which was a huge positive for me.

heffeweisse

Might Stick Around
Sep 9, 2013
I've noticed that most of you seem to be alluding that the photo of the pipe I have posted is a churchwarden. I am sorry if I was not very clear. But, the 14" Strider is not really a churchwarden per say :lol: Rather, a Lord of the Rings replica. If it were just a churchwarden, I doubt I'd wait 6 months for a handmade craft. This "Strider" is indeed a pipe style of its own :puffy:
If anyone is interested to see handmade pipes by Tom Johnson of Luna Pipes. Please visit the website at: http://www.lunapipes.com/index.htm (make sure to check out the fantasy pipes section)

Status
Not open for further replies.