jollyroger - 200 grams (rope)

Snowhill - 200 grams (rope)

bonehed - 700g

davidintexas - 100g (rope)

fishingandpipes - 300g (rope pref.)

7ach - 200g (cut)

sfduke - 1000g (rope)

Dec 24, 2012
Hey, JimInks and Jon Guss got me started on Strang so they are to blame, lol. I never thought a sample of the stuff sent to Nate would provide for this German couple's retirement (and kill them in the process).

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Not to piss in anyone's Wheaties, but you might want to keep in mind that an order that is getting to this size, will surely get flagged by customs on this side of the pond. Would be a shame to get nailed for a little overzealous "unicorn chasing".

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I told you Peck! This is all totally your fault/doing!!
So am I officially The Middleman now? If so I'll get to work, but don't wish to step on anyone. I'll begin "The Strang Project" today unless anyone has any reason otherwise?

PLEASE, do not PM me. We'll keep things here until I require private information, in which case I'll reach you privately. I'll begin another thread which will consist solely of updates/announcements as to keep everyone up to date with info on shipping costs, customs issues, etc... This order would likely be shipped in multiple orders.
Everyone cool with this plan? Respond with silence. If by end of today I've not heard otherwise, I'll get this thing going.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I need to back out for now, unexpected expenses... if whoever next cuts and pastes the list could remove me, I'd appreciate it.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
The odds this gentleman has this much homemade rope seem long to me. Is there anyone that speaks German willing to call this fellow and make sure we aren't whizzing into into the wind?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Absolutely we'll talk to Herbert. I have no plans on just placing such an order and hoping for the best. Everyone will be reached and confirmed prior to placing this order. If I order and people back out, I'm certain the excess will be absorbed. I consider myself to be reasonably competent. This will all be done in a timely and responsible manner I'm going to do this at all.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey Nate,
If you could add me for 200 g I would appreciate it. On a mobile device and cutting and pasting isn't easy.
Thanks,
Dan

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Before this goes much farther, someone better set some rules and regs on the buy. What I'm looking at is a speeding train without an engineer at the helm.
Do you know how much is currently in stock? If there isn't sufficient stock, do you know how long it will take to manufacture it?
Should orders be prepaid before the group order goes in? I certainly wouldn't want to be left holding the bag when some of the participants suddenly regain their sanity, scream "What was I thinking!" and drop out. How do you set the price when currency rates are constantly fluctuating?
How much is shipping?
Really, why don't you guys just order your own? Much less complicated that this hydra, and there are third party services that can help with the cash transfer.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Discovering demand is step one, followed by making sure demand can be met. I promise I know what I'm doing. Everything will be worked out prior to a cent changing hands. Relax. Take a couple deep breaths. You guys who think this has somehow gone bad... We're at step one. There's nothing going wrong. I ran a million dollar company. I can order some tobacco from Europe. Chill. This ain't rocket science.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
PS. Ordering isn't too complicated. Use iTools by Google to translate and use Xoom for the wire transfer. Order your own or wait for group order. You'll have about a week before we place the order, assuming he can meet this order. If you need help placing your own order please feel free to ask. We'll of course at least attempt to save money through an order this large, but that's an unknown variable. Again let me know if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.