PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Well, not having the pipe in-hand, I'm reluctant to say what I'm about to say -- so proceed cautiously.

The treaded stem pipes I have both have a slip-joint between the stem and the male screw so they can be indexed once connected. I imagine your's does too, but, as I've already cautioned, proceed carefully.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Heat up the stinger with a lighter until it starts to crackle... turn straight and let cool.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I had a Kaywoodie with a stem that became "over-clocked" with time. I figured that I had nothing to lose by trying to force the threaded stinger to rotate into the proper position. To my astonishment, the stinger rotated, yet remained snuggly within the stem. It seemed to have been designed for just such an adjustment.

It was a 3 hole stinger, so I put the shaft of a little screwdriver through two of the holes to create a handle with the leverage needed to rotate the stinger.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
most of these stingers are glued in and you may well break the stinger before it will move. I am guessing your glue wasn't holding.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forums member sable' helped me square up my Kaywoodie Drinkless Ruff-Tone pipe by heating the shank female side with a hair dryer until the glue softened and easing the stem into the squared up position. It worked like a charm and turned a disappointing stinger pipe into a respectable citizen I have enjoyed ever since. And thank you again to sable' for his know-how, as usual. My Kaywoodies have been notably good smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.