PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

igormorgado

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
I'm looking for stores to buy quality tobacco (with fair prices) here in Avignon. Most of Tabac stores only sell shitty pipe tobacco. Anyone one knows a good store in this city (Avignon) or Marseille?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have no idea, but it's amazing what information you can find on Google ?

Given the numbers of smokers in France, you will probably have better luck than trying to find a proper tobacconist in Oz.

Good luck with your search.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

igormorgado

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
Yes. I have used google to search for places to buy good quality tobacco, without any success. I have visited many stores, and all of them sell the same low-quality tobacco in that pouches.

Besides a large number of smokers in France, the quality of tobacco found isn't that high. I prefer to smoke Balkan, Britsh blends as Ashton - Artisan's Blend, Arango - Balkan Supreme, FK Lancer Slices, and Nightcap. I could not find any here.

Hence I came here for tips.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I was recently in Paris & was excited to see what they had (visions of HU & semois). I ended up buying some pouches, but on the whole the pickings were even slimmer than here in the UK. Based on that, I'd definitely be looking mail order if I lived in France.

Lovely patisserie though!

Reactions: OzPiper

igormorgado

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
I was recently in Paris & was excited to see what they had (visions of HU & semois). I ended up buying some pouches, but on the whole the pickings were even slimmer than here in the UK. Based on that, I'd definitely be looking mail order if I lived in France.

Lovely patisserie though!
Yes, probably Paris has some stores, but, is far from here. Yes. Probably there is no solution for this problem. I look for some delivery.

Indeed, lovely patisserie.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'm looking for stores to buy quality tobacco (with fair prices) here in Avignon. Most of Tabac stores only sell shitty pipe tobacco. Anyone one knows a good store in this city (Avignon) or Marseille?
The Chacom Cie Factory store isin Avignon -St.Claude @ Adress: L'Essard - 17, route de la Faucille - 39200 Villard-Saint-Sauveur - France Surely they must know where to get quality pipe tobacco.

Demard

Lurker
Jul 11, 2022
Toulouse, France
The Chacom Cie Factory store isin Avignon -St.Claude @ Adress: L'Essard - 17, route de la Faucille - 39200 Villard-Saint-Sauveur - France Surely they must know where to get quality pipe tobacco.
that is like 4 hours drive from Avignon ?
stupid France banning tobacco online buying, selling and delivery since 2009 ...

• Angry
Reactions: OzPiper

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Wow--I'm surprised. I have not travelled globally and know nothing of international things firsthand. Thank you to all here for posting. I've read elsewhere about the, "slim pickings," for pipe tobacco availability in Australia and the high prices there (and in Canada). This is an, "eye-opener," for me. And it makes me aware of how much I take for granted here in Texas with tubs full of mylar bags of bulk pipe tobacco blends (thanks to all here for tips on storing pipe tobacco!). I've only recently been adding 48 quart igloo coolers and storing cigars from cigar bid, ihavanas, and a few from smoking pipes (thanks to posts here that made me aware of cigar bid's cheaper prices and the dependability of ihavanas shipping for cuban cigars--albeit for me, mostly the cheaper "short filler" cigars). I learn lots here and appreciate everyone's posts.
kindly
mike