PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Ok, this is working for me and I'm glad. The tobacco varieties I smoke are in jars--about 100 lg (32 oz) and 125 smaller (mostly 16 oz). I read lots of posts on this forum that steered me in this direction. My tobacco stays fresher than using it out of tins and bags for my "everyday" smokes.

For storage/cellaring, a big "Thank You," to mark @hoosierpipe guy for posting about mylar bags and plastic tubs for storage. I've gone this route, except for 4 boxes with 1 dozen lg jars (throwbacks to when I first started storing tobacco). Hoosier is right, they're (jars) heavy and for me and not as suitable as mylar bags in plastic tubs.

If you're starting to put aside some tobacco for later use, I recommend these approaches and for these reasons.
kind regards,
mike

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I have about a dozen or so of these weathertight trunks I picked up from The Container Store. They are excellent for tin or jar storage and are stackable.

Reactions: seanv

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
How do you seal the Mylar and do you vacume out the air ?
I press out air before sealing, much as I would if jarred. This leaves a little air in the bag to help along whatever aging process is going to happen. To heat seal the bag I used a hair styling iron, which offers the perfect combination of even heating from both sides and pressure. The one I use is a Kipozi Pro Nano-Titanium. Apply for a few seconds and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.