PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Got an email from Mars Cigars and it looks like a bunch of Esoterica blends including Stonehaven and Penzance are available. I didn't believe it initially because this stuff, as you all know, flies off the shelf quicker than 50 Shades Of Gray at a women's convention. But alas, I ordered my 1 bag limit of each and checked out with no problem, so it looks to be legit. Let the Black Friday mayhem commence...
http://www.marscigars.com/esoterica.aspx

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Here's a dumb question. I just got woken up by some friends whom follow these baccy's but I don't see a "Email me when in stock" area on this site like P&C and SP has. Am I missing something???? How did you get an email???

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Holy shit, i even checked it twice after i posted this to make sure i wasn't dreaming and that is was actually available and all was good in the hood. It still blows my mind how quickly these blends sell! I bought mine for $22.95 a piece for the standard 8 oz. factory bag, which seemed suspicious but the transaction went through fine so far.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Got to say this is amusing. I went to Mars hoping to get some Tilbury or Dunbar and they were both gone. It would seem any Esoterica product is hallowed.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Dan, honestly i'm not even sure brother, lol. I have bought from these guys before and they are legit and it was smooth sailing all the way. I'm not sure if i signed up for an email notification or not but the email popped up on my phone and i just checked it out and it looked legit, so i pulled the trigger as quick as i could. We'll see how it turns out, but i have faith in them...

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
$22.95 for an 8 oz bag? That's the equivalent of $5.05 per 50g tin. I'd be pretty suspect about that. I've bought 3 pounds of Penzance and 1 pound of Stonehaven in the past month and they were all $43.70 per 8 oz bag. That might be a little high, but I didn't feel like I was getting gouged.
But then again - it looks like they've got Margate for $22.95 for an 8 ounce bag. Someone should take that.

May 31, 2012
:worship:

Mars rules.
They are trueblue goodguys no doubt.
One of the only ones left selling the Eso stuff at MSRP.
Thankfully I got me a bag of Stoney and I'm stoked.
Mars is great for the G&H and SG stuff too.
Also, this:

Since today is 'Black Friday' and Monday is 'Cyber Monday', we offer all pipes (EXCEPT CORNCOBS) at an additional 10% off. The 10% will be manually deducted from the price on our end so it will not show on your order until we ship. This special ends on Monday at midnight.
They still have some of those nice looking Wessex pipes with the cumberland stems for an absolute steal,

http://www.marscigars.com/wessex.aspx

:puffy:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
jmatt, totally agree with you but like i said, i've bought from them before and have had ZERO issues. I honestly just went out on a limb and placed my order, hoping that i wouldn't get screwed over, but we will see what happens. I would never have done that if i had not had prior positive experiences with them. I double and triple checked that the price was correct and that it was in fact in stock and it looked legit. Hopefully the risk will be worth the reward...

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
MLC, hahaha that is hilarious bc i also included a few ounces of S&G unscented dark flake with my order. Good to see another well respected and reputable forum member has had prior experience with Mars and can vouch for their credibility. I feel much better about my purchase already. Thanks brother!

dlgillen

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
I signed up for the newsletter years ago...I got this;

Greetings!
I hope you find this newsletter helpful. Please feel free to forward your comments to us.
Sincerely,
Mike Rutt

mars cigars & pipes
mars image

What's New?
Ramblings from mars:
Please note- we may be changing newsletter providers. If so, you will likely receive a message to "opt in" to receiving the newsletter. The provider (as well as mars cigars) never wants to 'spam' anyone. The "opt in" is their way of verifying that you wish to receive the newsletter.

Recently, in order to better serve you, we have reduced the pricing on many items. Tins and pre-packaged bulk units have been drastically reduced. There are a few product lines that still need to be reduced, but McClelland, MacBaren and others are already reduced.
Remember: First notice of 'scarce' tobaccos is always posted on our FaceBook page first, so be sure to sign up. Example: We just received a shipment of Esoterica tobacco. Please observe the strict limits on Penzance and StoneHaven!
As always, I've listed some specials or new items below. Please feel free to look at them.
Specials can sell out suddenly so order soon.
Join us on Facebook as a fan of 'mars cigars & pipes'.

Get updates on new arrivals and specials.

See the quicklink on the right side of this email.
-Mike at mars

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
As far as the price... that's the suggested retail price. They aren't jacking it up to take advantage like some others.
Exactly! Also, and for what it's worth they are only charging 9.75 for Balkan Sobranie with a limit of 2. Granted, they are out of stock, but I'd much rather see a dealer charge a decent price with a limit on the purchase rather than charging an exorbitant price on elusive blends. But... that's just my take on it.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
this is odd... I just bought from them.. not Esoterica, but other stuff. I sent them an email asking about Esoterica and they said they would email me when it was in stock. I did not get an email. Dang.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Got my order in yesterday to my front door via USPS after placing it late friday night. I would highly recommend purchasing from Mars, as they are very quick with their shipping (they shipped mine on saturday) and i have had zero issues with anything after ordering from them now twice. They have got to be the only E-tailers selling Esoterica 8oz bags for the actual unheard of retail price of 22.95!! Man is that a steal! Their bulk prices are a tad bit above others such as SP, as i compared some GH DF unscented that i also re-upped on to SP and it was a little more at Mars...not enough to warrant any complaint out of me, but just something i noted.
My point....refer to this thread in the future if/when you happen to stumble across their website or receive their newsletter and see Esoterica going for 22.95 per 8oz'er, and order without hesitation because they are legit.
Hope some of you other guys and gals scored with the recent mini-flood of esoterica briefly hitting the shelves. Oh, and just a bit of advice if you have not figured it out already...sign up for as many email lists/newsletters/calling lists as you can if you are a baccy pirate looking for rare baccy booty. Either that, or make friends with some of the generous site vets on here and maybe, just maybe, they'll tip you off when Germain feeds the flock of tobacconists with his morsels of goodness. :wink:
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and holiday weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.