PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Apart from some Va/Burs that smell cigarette-y, Semois gets my vote. I enjoy the flavor but it is definitely reminiscent of barnyard to the nose.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I'm going to go with bayou night and black Irish. I love bayou night but I'm not a big fan of the black Irish. It starts out meaty and savory but the last third of the bowl is kinda nasty sometimes.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Wife sticks her head in to the den. "What you smoking Honey?". "A blend called Cerberus I say". "Oh, well I have to tell you, that smells like SHIT!" End of subject... :roll:

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Bullshit..... Fire up a bowl of dried out Cotton Boll or Mammoth Cave.
The wife and family will be throwing lamps and end tables at you just to get you out of the house.
True story. (Sort of) :?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If memory serves me well 1792 Flake was a real stinker. I didn't care for the smell nor did I care for the smoke itself. My buddy thinks that Samuel Gawith Black XX stinks, but I like the aroma.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
That is true. After a 1 1/2 hour smoke in the car, it only has a faint, nice smell of sweet virginia. One cigarette, 3 minutes, stinks it up so bad, it will take hours before it is back to it's pipesmelling self.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Yes I agree cigs. Are the worst, also some cheap machine cigars smell like actual poop to me. But as far as pipe tobacco goes, 99.5 out of 100 wives and daughters agree anything w latakia is by far the stinkiest, with perique as the runner up. And although I enjoy very much latakia smoke, the loose Tobacco smell is an acquired taste to say the least

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
The Vottis Pipe shop's English Blend I got a pound paint-can tin of during the winter of 1973-74 in Schenectady New York. It was strong enough that one night early in a cruise, while several of us were sitting around in the Deckies' berthing compartment talking and smoking (me the only one with a pipe going), a kid newly out of boot camp got up out of his rack on the other side of the compartment and came over and wrenched the pipe from my mouth, complaining that the room note was making his sea-sickness even worse than the cook's usual first-night-at-sea choice of a greasy pork meal (a special treat for those unaccustomed to sea sickness) had done for him.
I do admit that on occasion when lighting this Vottis English Blend, for a brief while it would smell as if someone had set fire to a liquid dishwashing soap, if that were even possible. But even on those occasions, once that odor went away in a minute or two, I could settle down to a pleasant smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.