PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
For those of you that know the name, you know the work this man has done. For those of you who don't, the name Steve Laug and pipe restoration and repair go hand in hand. He is truly talented in taking a pipe and bringing it back to life. Steve even goes that one extra step and studies the history of the pipe he is involved with. I have had the pleasure of communicating back and forth with Steve since around January and we have even shared pipes and tobacco. The man is the reason for me never owning another new pipe. With his help and blog, there is no stopping me from buying estate pipes and giving them a new life. I currently own around 50 pipes and only 2 are new.

I look forward to many more blog posts from Steve and if anyone ever wants to try their hand at cleaning or restoring pipes you have to give his blog a glance. You never know who you may see on there as well.

rebornpipes.com

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'll second that. Reborn Pipes has definitely been a huge part of my restoration education. It's a must read for anyone thinking about restoring, I know I've read every post.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love Steve's blog and his contributors, forum member ssjones being one of them. Great site for information of pipe history and restoration. Whether you restore pipes or not it's fun to read and see their work.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
A huge +1 to all comments. Steve is a good gent, and has taught me all I know about restoration. (I admit THAT isn't a great recommendation, but it's true.)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Steve is a wonderful person. He has been my pipe restoration mentor for the past four years, ever since he posted all of his work on the old SmokersForums.uk Restoration & Maintenance forum. You can follow Steves work at his blog (and a few of mine, I'm "Upshallfan" there):

http://rebornpipes.com/

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Al you weren't supposed to tell everyone. That's why I said you never know who you'll see on Steve's blog...Lol.

Steve has posted some of mine as well (Bill Tonge).

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I stumbled upon Steve's excellent site some months ago (am still working my way through all of the posts) when I was given a load of old pipes by a pal and have learned so much from the site.
It is folks like him that make pipe refurbishing such a pleasure to get involved in. I should imagine he is a super chap in person judging by the way he comes across on his blog pages, though I do wish he did some proof reading before uploading his text.
Regards,
Jay.

owen

May 28, 2014
Yes I must agree, a source of so many ideas, bits of info, pictures I check his site everyday.

May 31, 2012
Steve is a wonderful person. He has been my pipe restoration mentor for the past four years, ever since he posted all of his work on the old SmokersForums.uk Restoration & Maintenance forum. You can follow Steves work at his blog (and a few of mine, I'm "Upshallfan" there):
http://rebornpipes.com/
+100%
I've learned so much from RebornPipes and Steve's commitment to the hobby has been of tremendous value,

one of the best gigs going methinks.
He also has a wonderful old Orlik Dugout that I am quite covetous of...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:
And,

I openly admit that I was totally jealous when I saw this:

https://rebornpipes.com/2013/10/11/tobacciana-dating-an-old-cutter-top-tin-of-condor-sliced/

...were there ever any updates on the cutter-top Condor Sliced?

Any pointers to such would be greatly appreciated.
And hey,

Steve

- if you happen to be reading this,

THANK YOU

for doing what you do so well!
Openly sharing your hard-won knowledge & experience for the benefit of others,

you are a trueblue goodguy no doubt.
Your enthusiasm and knowledge have been of great benefit to the quality of my life,

I very much appreciate your taking of time to do what you do so well.
Ever thankful,

MLC.

:puffy:
THREE CHEERS!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
JOLLYGOOD!!!!!
:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.