Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Who does them
1) cheapest
2) best
3) cheapest and best

?

I tried to email Tim West and I don’t know if I got the right one.. never heard back. So any suggestions would be great! It’s a Savory’s Argyll Canadian that’s mint but the shank cracked as I smoked it.

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The site I found that listed his repair banding may well have been old/not updated.

but the price was something like 32$ Plus shipping which I thought very reasonable.

Reactions: danimalia

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
The site I found that listed his repair banding may well have been old/not updated.

but the price was something like 32$ Plus shipping which I thought very reasonable.
Try giving Rich Lewis in Minneapolis a call. His site has a list of repair prices; silver bands are $30. I don't have any personal experience with his repairs, but I know he has a good reputation.

Yeh, I was introduced to Ian Walker as a pipe band artists when he was at The Briary this time last year, ha ha. I spent most of my time talking to him, telling how little I really do band work. Little did I know that just an hour later, I would drop the pipe I bought from him, shattering it, and would have to put a band on it.

Also, I totally advise folks to use one of the guys who does band repairs as a living. These guys make their living doing this, and supporting them supports the whole pipe repair industry as a whole. This is mainly why I refuse to charge less than they do.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Tim West would be good, he’s slow to respond sometimes. Walker Briarworks does them. You can buy them on Vermont Freehand in 1/2 mm increments

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Yeh, I was introduced to Ian Walker as a pipe band artists when he was at The Briary this time last year, ha ha. I spent most of my time talking to him, telling how little I really do band work. Little did I know that just an hour later, I would drop the pipe I bought from him, shattering it, and would have to put a band on it.

Also, I totally advise folks to use one of the guys who does band repairs as a living. These guys make their living doing this, and supporting them supports the whole pipe repair industry as a whole. This is mainly why I refuse to charge less than they do.
An absolute true,well said Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.