PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
A couple of months ago I commissioned a pipe from Stephen Downie in the style he calls a "Firedrop." It's now finished and on the way. I can't wait to smoke this. This is actually on the very tame end of what Stephen does. He's truly an artist and an incredibly skilled woodworker. And he couldn't have found a nicer piece of briar to work with. I'm amazed by the bird's eye on this one.
Downie%20Firedrop%202.jpg

Downie%20Firedrop%201.jpg

Downie%20Firedrop%203.jpg

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Been watching the progress on FB. Very nice piece! Enjoy it!
I own 7 Downies and they are all wonderful smokers!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Been watching the progress on FB

LOL - I knew you were. I saw you "like" some of the pictures along the way. In the beginning Stephen and I talked and I said "why don't you just post progress pictures on Facebook, and I'll comment back to you along the way." So while I commented on every picture, I never let on that I was publicly watching my own pipe be created. It was a privately hilarious way to communicate about the build in public without anyone else ever knowing. If you look back through, you'll see comments from me about what stain would look nice, what the stem should be like etc. The comments were just fine tunes of what we had previously discussed by phone. Overall, he was great fun to work with and I can't wait to smoke this pipe.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I have two Downies and they are wonderful smokers as well as being uniquely beautiful pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.