PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My wife and I spent this past weekend with a good friend in Orange County, a couple hours south of me. He and his wife are fans/supporters of our work in the field of Reichian orgonomy (one of the most obscure topics on the face of the planet), and he just so happens to be a cigar smoker. This was the second time we took this trip; I created this thread to tell a story that came about during the previous visit. That was over a year ago, so my pipe smoking journey has progressed considerably since then. I think I may have also piqued his interest in pipes, since he had several nice ones waiting on the patio table upon our arrival, along with a tin of Peterson Connoisseur's Choice.

No sooner had we gotten in the door and set our bags down that I was presented with this gift:

stefano.jpg

I had never heard of the Stefano name, but I was quite taken with it immediately. Looks like a bulldog shape to me...perhaps someone can confirm this? It's a beaut, though, and I look forward to the maiden smoke this weekend. I really do love Italian pipes!

We had two fantastic smokes, a big one before dinner (Ashton Gold Rush in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 bent billiard) and a smaller one afterward (Sutliff Barbados Plantation in my SMS claw meer). My friend enjoyed the samples I brought of Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake and Dunhill Aperitif respectively. It would have been a most enjoyable time hanging out with them even without the gift, but that just took the experience to the next level.

??? I'm thankful to all the people who have gifted me pipes over the past several months, including the prettiest little Foyard rhodesian you ever saw, courtesy of @TheIronMonkey , which is nearly as old as my own mother (the pipe I mean, not him). Much obliged, all of you! ???

Now, to get my friend to join the forum... ?️?️:coffee:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Wonderful story and a great gift. I believe the Stefano would be considered a Rhodesian since it has a round shank. Now every time you smoke that pipe you can fondly remember that entire experience.
Absolutely, it'll be on my mind every time. Thanks for the bit about the shank! That makes sense...I see the difference now that I'm looking at some more photos of these online.
Wow, that's awesome! Nice story, thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I love reading these kinds of stories on here myself, so I'm always happy to contribute my own.