PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
We live on a very interesting time where just about any style, fashion, or life style is accepted. So many of these things are so interesting. Complete with philosophy, art, and historical back ground.

As a motorcycle guy I love Rat Rods and survival bikes. The life style and philosophy that go with it also suits me, and is very akin to the interests in the title.
So where do you fit in? Be it one listed or another like hippie, red neck, old schooler, rocker, or mod.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I'm an old schooler. English. Like Monty in the desert circa 1942. My only interest in life aside from work and family are my pipes, and what to smoke in them. And books. You know, the old kind with pages and ink.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I don't really fall into any one category. I wear blue jeans and T-shirts that have bands or some thing written on them. My lip is pierced, my ears are gauged, and I'm tattooed. I hate dressing up and shaving. I wear a lot of black and purple. I enjoy Baking and Cooking. I love music, I listen to everything from deathmetal to The Beatles. The only genre I don't listen to is Country. I can't stand it. I also love video games and electronics.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I've been called a "juggalo punk" because of the music I listen to, but nothing is that clean cut. Basically I'm just a fat guy with an anxiety disorder trying to get by. I enjoy the little things, my family, pipes, good brandy (cognac when I can afford it)and trying to enjoy everyday as if it may be the last. Sorry to sound fretful... Had a few tonight lol.

Aug 1, 2012
Geek all the way...be it music, computers, history, pipes, beer or gaming. I love to learn and tell others what I've learned (I have this irrational notion that others want to constantly be picking up information too).

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Other than the fact that I have become quite attached to my beard, I am still a really clean cut type of guy. I wear collared shirts and ties regularly and don't dress like a slouch. Generally professional, hard working, disciplined and proud to a fault sometimes. Usually it involves some sort of shame regarding the state of things be it my idiot brother or how infuriated I can become just seeing people about. Once a Marine always a Marine, but at the same time in the right place with the right people I can be downright filthy and a whole lot of fun.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
All very cool.
I too love real books with pages and ink.
Captain, I love to gather and obtain information as well, even though I dont fit in the geek catagory. I do love the new geek thing. Geeks have embraced it and made very cool.
UberAmerica, you should check out Towens VanZandt a song called Sanitarium Blues.
Yes pipe nerd is a catagory.
Anything can be. From pipe nerd to folk artsy, and on to post modernist, and futurists. There is no limits. Basically describe yourself in a title.
All the descriptive catagories and genre combos are great.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'd call myself a knowledge whore with a penchant for hobbyizing said knowledge. My true heart is a hermit in the deepest wood.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I"m an old codger, I tear up when they sing God Bless America, hate to see anyone ridiculed, love all kinds of music but Rap, which IMHO is CRAP, pay my bills, help the less fortunate, won"t see an animal abused, don"t back down to anyone, well my wife is not in that catergory. LOL, Love America, I am of German and French decent, but I am an American first.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Jpberg that is good stuff!!!
I enjoy a lot of the style of steampunk and also the chap look. I'm not about to go out and buy a bespoke three piece, but feel waistcoasts, pocket silks, suspenders and bow ties all can have a place in modern dress. So, I try to incorporate them in small doses. I also decided several years back that I needed to wear more hats.
Granted, your average day at work will find me wearing slacks and an aloha shirt and my weekends I'm more of a t-shirt or mechanic/poker/bowling shirt type of guy.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I guess I would call myself an American Redneck of sorts. I live in a 2 story 100+ year old farmhouse on the end of a dead end road with the closest neighbor at 1/4 mile +/-, with my wife, dog & chickens. Most comfortable in jeans a white T and my suspenders smoking my cobs. It is a rare occasion for me to get gussied up as it is not my style. I own 1 suit that hasn't fit me for 10-15 years. Work uniform is a collared polo and cargo pants and a ball cap.

As far as music goes I listen to anything from Iron Maiden to Travis Tritt dependent on my mood, Anything except Rap.

Proud to be an American, not so proud of our current government.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm an existentialist, philosophically speaking... :D
As for anything else, I've moved through various subcultures at various times, and still identify strongly with several of them.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm just a geek. I love to research the crap out of my hobbies. Most people I know who are interested in buying any kind of electronics come to me to research it for them. In addition to being a geek though I also love the outdoors. I do a lot of mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, camping, fishing but not so much hunting anymore.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Recent byplay at our dinner table.
Me: I am not a Hipster! I'm a nerd.
Wife: That's only because of your wardrobe budget.
Busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.