PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Hello,

I have been thinking about starting a pipe club in the Denver area. I have a handful of friends/pipe smokers who meet up on Fridays and we were discussing starting a club. Are there any members here who are in Denver and interested in starting a club in town? Or do you know of any active clubs?
Thanks!

Reactions: kbussell and MtnGeo

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Excellent, I'm a steak and kidney man but Denver is a little far for me to visit :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry, milehigh', but the pie hook was just irresistible. I think the Denver area people will spot this anyway. It'll hit 'em like a club. I didn't write that.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
Would it be appropriate for the Denver club to allow brownies in addition to pies?

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Come to think of it........ I’m thinking a “pie club” would be something I’d consider membership in. Pie & a pipe....... time well spent.
:puffy:

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Kanye-West-Memes193.jpg

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Actually, Denver already has a really great pipe club you might be interested in! They have been meeting for several years. Currently, I believe they meet at Churchill's. Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/11056854215/

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
Milehigh, I'm in the castle rock area I am but down for starting something anywhere really - I still have yet to make a League meeting but I think they are only once a month... I know Edwards has pipe smokers meet up on Thursday mornings on a regular basis but nothing formal by any means.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Edwards Pipe & Tobacco Shop in Englewood, not the town of Edwards. Sorry, I know there's not much for pipers between Denver and Rem's in Junction. If you haven't been to Edwards yet I highly recommend it. Give me a heads up if you're in town.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
I went to Edward's yesterday & sadly learned that the owner, Bryan, had unexpectedly died last weekend. They are temporarily closed until new ownership & licensing can be arranged, if at all.
Bryan's memorial service will be on Friday March 15th, 2 PM at:

Three Trees Chapel

13416 W Arbor Pl, Littleton, CO 80127
The Edward's Pipe & Tobacco Shopwebsite does not have any info at this time re: Bryan's passing, his memorial, or the future of the shop.

I was told that there will be a recorded message on their phone re: the shop's status: 303-781-7662.
RIP Bryan, you will be missed by many.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I was saddened to hear this, as well. Bryan was a great guy and will be missed. Edwards is probably the best tobacco shop I have ever visited. It would be a shame for them to close permanently. The staff have vast knowledge and experience, and there is NO PLACE that has a bigger pipe tobacco collection. Let's keep our fingers crossed...
RIP, Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.