PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
So I took a sale recommendation from hoosierpipe guy to get some ..
Item​
Sku​
Qty​
Oliva Serie V 135th Anniversary Perfecto (Box/12)

Does anyone else want to call out good cigar deals ? I’d appreciate any recommendations . I signed up for cigarpage email deals after purchase and I find all the varieties and prices semi daunting.
I did buy the 40 pack for a hundred deal , they claimed retail was 300 , it was I checked . Thx

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Cigarpage has awesome deals, I always check the homepage and they have 3-4 deals that change every few days. I’ve been buying quite a bit from them the last 6 months.

Cigarbid.com is where I get most of my stuff. You can get some ludicrously good deals if you’re patient and scour the site often. They have a somewhat limited selection, so you’ll see a lot of the “usual suspects” over and over again. But they’re bound to have some stuff you’ll like. They have solid premiums. Just be sure you pay close attention to the description on what the quantity actually is that you’re buying. Sometimes the picture might be of a box but the description says 5 pack or whatever.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
So I checked out that site . So, I would eventually figure out what to bid on at a good price and then probably over bid on what I desire. Not a huge believer in delayed gratification as I age and near retirement, I might have an addiction to auctions .
But as of now I’m a cigar newbie and looking for good retail deals . It’s obviously subjective but I guarantee people on this forum have ideas what is a good deal when they see it .
Cigarpage has awesome deals, I always check the homepage and they have 3-4 deals that change every few days. I’ve been buying quite a bit from them the last 6 months.

Cigarbid.com is where I get most of my stuff. You can get some ludicrously good deals if you’re patient and scour the site often. They have a somewhat limited selection, so you’ll see a lot of the “usual suspects” over and over again. But they’re bound to have some stuff you’ll like. They have solid premiums. Just be sure you pay close attention to the description on what the quantity actually is that you’re buying. Sometimes the picture might be of a box but the description says 5 pack or whatever.
and I did buy a new humidor yesterday, to upgrade from a $30 simple one from pipe and cigars that came with a sampler pack .1D9CA8B9-195C-4F59-93FA-123545EF3817.png

Last edited:

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Cigarpage has the best deals I’ve found anywhere other than cigarbid. You can consistently get great cigars for around $4 per stick, or less. And if you want some no band “all day every day” cigars, I highly recommend Class 34 and also overruns. I’ve yet to have a bad one of either, and the price can’t be beat. They’re not even “good, for the price”… they’re just plain good.

Reactions: alan73
Sep 18, 2015
Item​
Sku​
Qty​

Does anyone else want to call out good cigar deals ? I’d appreciate any recommendations . I signed up for cigarpage email deals after purchase and I find all the varieties and prices semi daunting.
I did buy the 40 pack for a hundred deal , they claimed retail was 300 , it was I checked . Thx
CP is a great site, I’d suggest that you stick with just buying fivers until you figure out what you like. Another good site is Small Batch, sign up for the mailing list to get 10-25% off

Reactions: mtwaller and alan73
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
For the best bargain cigar at cigar Page, I like Cupido. This was the first first Nicaraguan cigar I really liked twenty years ago. Then they went away for whatever reason and came back on cigar page about six months ago. Reasonably mild for a Nicaraguan but still sweet and spicy. It's now my go to golf cigar at around $2 per stick.

My other favorites on cigar page are the Olivia Serie V and Serie V Melanio along with the Avo Syncro and Fogata. $4 to $6 per stick.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
If I recall correctly Cigar Page often offers sampler packs at great prices which is a fantastic way to test and see what you like. Personally I wouldn't commit to a box of cigars I've never tried before. I've done that and regretted it.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Big fan of cigarking.com. Selfishly because they are a few minutes away from me. I can scour deals order and pick up. They have an amazing selection. I’ve tried their house brands made by AJ Fernandez, Oscar Valadares, Aganorsa, etc…. Some of them are great values. Cuban Diplomat is one of my favorites.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Bought a Ghurka sampler pack , prime time 11, and some liga that was recommended . Ordering smaller quantities as recommended . Love the free shipping on all orders 378B705D-8BB2-4ED7-B461-894CF8D033CF.png

Reactions: mtwaller

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I find all the varieties and prices semi daunting.
Prices are easier to start with so let's start there. Simply wait and watch for good deals but also learn how certain websites offer even further savings such as Thanksgiving, Christmas sales, or site-wide sales. Most site-wide sales will exclude premium cigars. Also watch for "buy 2 and receive an extra discount" types sales and clearance. Patience and diligence are the key here.

In addition to Cigar Page I like Cigar Place (.biz).

Now, what about varieties do you find daunting? Too many brands? Too much marketing BS? Actual differences such as shade leaf vs maduro?

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Now, what about varieties do you find daunting? Too many brands? Too much marketing BS? Actual differences such as shade leaf vs maduro?
So, like my pipe tobacco I enjoy a wide variety of flavors. I haven’t rejected any cigar taste profile to date . I like the differnt style wrappers as for size middle for me .
Yes too many brands and marketing . I googled cigar conversations on this website from years ago , opinions on cigars vary widely .. Tatuaje was consistently mentioned .

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That certainly makes things easier since you already know what you're doing (what you like).

For cigars I have no experience with I typically rely on reputation, reviews, and recommendations. I'll take a chance on a less expensive cigar but for premiums I like to have all three. Premium labels are pretty much going to always have the reputation. Reviews have to be waded through. I actually don't care for "professional" reviews that ae from the people trying to sell me the cigar. The other end of the spectrum are the pointless "OMG this is the best cigar ever" type reviews. Average people with "here's what I tasted, what I liked about it, or what I didn't like about it" are my favorite type. If I'm still not quite sure after that then I'll do what you did and just ask for recommendations.

Reactions: alan73 and mtwaller

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Item​
Sku​
Qty​

Holts has a 1 time 10 cigars for $15. You get like Robustos and Churchill's of Macanudo, Punch, Bahia, I forgot what else. I didn't do it, but someone said they made a bunch of accounts to rebuy it.

Reactions: alan73

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
So this is my initial set up about $700 total . 300 cigar humidor about 250. About 150 sticks , plus 50 lower end ones I had ED14816A-DF8D-4F3C-9C7D-4AC915C0B78F.jpegA4DF3328-8C02-4AA4-BE59-17EE652DA292.jpeg96CD35A9-C314-4819-B7F0-E21B148C842C.jpegimage.jpg
One pipe pic from my man cave

Attachments

• E05337A1-248D-4AE5-AA63-A87F46877447.jpeg
    E05337A1-248D-4AE5-AA63-A87F46877447.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I estimate 30-50% turnover , I’m the cigar guy and my friends will kick me money about half the time . Just read an article today about people should have esoteric hobbies that consume a lot of time and not much money . I think I found that

fallsguy

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
Smoke Inn Connoisseur Club. $17.95 per 5 pack. A lot of major brands that were made especially for the Club. I Just picked these up.......

ukKcPSB.jpg