Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
On tonight’s Pipes Magazine Radio Show, we have a star-studded line-up of guests that make for some extremely interesting pipe and tobacco conversations. Brian recorded his Saturday Afternoon Zoom Pipe Club Chat, which included Jim York, Marty Pulvers, Tad Gage, Fred Hanna, Steve Fallon, Chuck Stanion, and more. At the top of the show, in “Pipe Parts”, Brian will discuss, “Pipes of Occassion”.

Brian-Levine-Zoom-Pipe-Chat-1229x1536.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Many of these guys unknowingly shaped my pipesmoking back in the late 1980s and beyond.
Mike Zica {Obviously not how he spells his name) and Tage Gage introduced me to Barry Levin and the McClelland's tobacco blends. Tad Gage's The Compleat Smoker was mentioned in The ultimate Pipe Book II list of publications. When I sent away for a subscription, he told me it was out of publication but sent me the five published issues. And Dr. Fred Hanna was a regular at NASPC shows. Always happy to share his knowledge and very friendly.

Mike S.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Fred Hanna's retelling of his HH Rustica experience was certainly the highlight, especially good opening statements directed to Brian. He's very witty and a master storyteller and a very nice guy, to boot. The incident happened a couple weeks before. Almost immediately, Brian was openly trying to figure out how to tell the story on his show. He found the absolute perfect way to do it by letting Fred tell the story himself. By the way, while we were all very aware of what was happening, it happened off-camera. Fred was good-humored about it and graciously endured at least 45 minutes of ball-busting afterwards.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
That was a good episode, fun and even a little bit informative. I'd love to hear these guys in an uncensored free for all. Thanks, Mr Levine!
while we were all very aware of what was happening, it happened off-camera
Glad to hear that - I pictured you guys sitting around watching Dr Hanna lose his lunch in a trash can over Zoom and thought "Jesus, what a bunch of freeging sadists..."

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This was a sensational show. Fred's story about the HH Rustica was hilarious. I, for one, usually can handle nicotine very well but found with this one I found it best to eat before consuming.

Reactions: craiginthecorn

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Just listened to the show myself and agree with everyone that Fred’s telling of the nicotine “incident” had me laughing loudly. I also liked the perspective offered about pipe smoking in Australia. What great fun it would be to be a part of this zoom group. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.