PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Standard Tobacco and Scandinavia Tobacco Group's US subsidiary, Meiers & Dutch, have entered into a sales agreement for the trademarks of SToP's John Cotton, Bengal Slices, Murrays and Dobies pipe tobacco blends effective March 14, 2019.

We are sure that M&D, through Pipes & Cigars, will continue to manufacture and sell the entire SToP line of pipe tobacco blends that have gained many fans over the past years. Fans of these blends can look forward to other new offerings in the future as well.

We thank the pipe smoking community for their incredible support and hope that you will continue to enjoy the blends we've provided for your smoking pleasure.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Thanks for the update John. This is big news. John Cotton Smyrna is one of my favorite blends. I was worried I needed more in the cellar, but this makes me reassured it will not be on the chopping block anytime soon.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Wouldn't it be funny if we saw Murray's made Dunhill clones.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Letting the guys in Bethlehem take over will be good for Standard. Personally I am looking forward to going to a pipe show and walking into a mens room without everyone turning round and saying 'Hi Simon' and my shoes getting soaked! :rofl: Actually this development allows for survivability of the blends and their continuation along with the revival of a few new ones. As part of the change we are also diversifying into the vape market with a scientific team to introduce a new and exciting patented vape device that is radically different from currently available vape platforms. The company will be changing its name to The Standard Vape Corporation so wish us luck gentlemen!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually the announcement was made to the stock market on Friday and is available on yahoo finance. https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/XNWU/news/Xuan-Wu-Acquires-Vaping-Technology?id=223027

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good news, I absolutely love the current Bengal Slices, I stocked up on a bunch recently but it’s good to hear it has a more secure future. Congratulations!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Excellent. I hope satisfaction reigns all around among sellers and buyers. This looks like a happy deal.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Does this news mean that there's a chance that Revor Plug might become available here in the states?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
^^ That will be the day! For now I’m holding on to the Plugs that I have and enjoying them sparingly. In the meantime, I still can’t tell the difference between McConnell’s Latakia Flake and Revor Plug.
On subject, does this mean the Standard Tobacco brand will be produced in the mega Scandinavian warehouse? If that we’re the case, you all might have an the option of making a whole leaf plug tobacco? Can y’all bring back Velvan Plug? Those Danes were producing it in the end so it shouldn’t be hard to get the recipe from them, bringing back Erinmore Plug would also be nice but I’m really just dreaming out loud here. Basically all ya’d have to do is swap some 3P’s and change the top dressing and voila, you have Velvan, do it again and whamo, you have Erinmore Plug!

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
@hawky454 - A man can dream. I do enjoy my Revor Plug sparingly as well and substitute McConnell's Lat Flake every other time I have the urge to smoke the great plug. I was lucky to find some Velvan Plug on a trip to Ireland last summer and picked up a few pouches. Haven't yet tried it and am in no rush to - for now anyway. Just happy to know it's in the cellar.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Keep your eyes open for new additions to some of the SToP product lines in the coming months.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.