PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I just received an order from SP which included a ten-pack of Lon's pipe cleaners. They also sent a "promo pack" of 6 Brigham "Quality" pip cleaners.
Think they are trying to tell me something?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They just started this with me a couple of orders ago. I've been getting free cleaners and a cleaner sleeve from Iwan Ries now for years.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
^^ Same here.

I wouldn't read anything into it other than it being a nice gesture.

Jan 8, 2013
My last order from SP had pipe cleaners thrown in as well. My guess is either they're trying to get rid of some extra inventory on pipe cleaners and are throwing them in with orders, or they just feel like doing something nice. Either way they're still doing something nice. I appreciated it :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Probably just a co-promotion. The maker of the pipe cleaners gets exposure to many new potential customers, and SP gets something fun to toss in the box.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Nothing wrong with upselling with free samples. You get a chance to try something new at no cost, the manufacturer gets exposure. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well it's very subtle for me as I have never gotten stuff like that from them other then the flyer on buying estate pipes. I will be making another order when the CC comes up, I sure hope I get another flyer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smokingpipes.com is big on customer relations, so I would take this along those lines. They're also giving you a chance to use a different brand and compare, so it is more than just an added supply. SP works to keep its customers happy, which to my mind is the shrewdest sort of merchandising. A happy customer frequently thinks of something else they'd like to buy, or comes back with a new order sooner. SP has done well by me in various purchases. Why do I keep buying from them?

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Smokingpipes is an excellent company, great service, great packaging when sending orders and I will continue to purchase from them. I just note and maybe a jealous note regarding the free stuff, I like free stuff. And I also did get a nice Christmas card.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Laudisi/smokingpipes.com is a very solid company from many respects and free goodies are just good, maybe smart business. Perhaps some of their suppliers give them promo dollars to use or keep and they wisely pass them on.
I only wish they had given a not-so-subtle hint that they were jacking C&D prices, again; this time on tins AND bulk. They get 80% of my tobacco spending, but this last increase has me now using others (all sponsors here as well) with good experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.