PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
Nice storage box for various pieces of kit. I'm not sure what its original purpose was though, that long trough may be for a pen?
Whatever the slot was for it's getting used as a pipe rest now, and the base of the tray will be my cutting board for plugs and twists. One of the reasons I suspect it's tobacco related is that the wood is walnut, which is a wood I associate with tobacconalia.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Interesting! I wonder what the original purpose is. In any case, it looks like it will work just fine as a pipe tray.

I smoke my pipes in my house, and I consider my tray an essential tool, as it helps me contain the mess and facilitates easy cleanup. When I’m done, I just pick the tray up with all my pipe stuff on it and stick it in a drawer.

Reactions: Duck

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
Interesting! I wonder what the original purpose is. In any case, it looks like it will work just fine as a pipe tray.

I smoke my pipes in my house, and I consider my tray an essential tool, as it helps me contain the mess and facilitates easy cleanup. When I’m done, I just pick the tray up with all my pipe stuff on it and stick it in a drawer.
I keep my pipes, tobacco and accessories in my study/man-cave. I'll keep this in my living room to hide pipe cleaners, matches etc. Hide the clutter in something decorative.

Reactions: lawdawg

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
No playing cards in Scotland? I've player poker and bridge in Scotland!
Oh, card games are popular enough, it's just that poker is played by comparatively few. Whereas it's a bit of an institution to have poker nights in the States. You're much more likely to find a game of brag, like poker but only three cards in hand.

I've added a picture of my playing card box to give the scale. I have a thing for wooden boxes.1632003392021.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, the scale photo helps a lot. Bridge cards might fit, but the dimensions are wrong, being way too wide.

Oh, yeah, I like good boxes, too.

Reactions: Duck