PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
I can make out all of it except for your use of "seize" in in the first line. Hoping someone smarter than me gets it so you don't have to explain it. Isn't there a family game like this with misspelled popular sayings that you have to get your teammates to guess correctly?

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
I can make out all of it except for your use of "seize" in in the first line. Hoping someone smarter than me gets it so you don't have to explain it. Isn't there a family game like this with misspelled popular sayings that you have to get your teammates to guess correctly?

Since. However his inclusion of sheep nomenclature threw me!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm always too frustrated to take notes when my spellcheck program imposes some awful replacement for my words, but some of them are either funny or, in context, appalling. Pipe brands and nomenclature really get the food processor blade treatment. Haddon's Delight, for example (see what I mean?).

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm always too frustrated to take notes when my spellcheck program imposes some awful replacement for my words, but some of them are either funny or, in context, appalling. Pipe brands and nomenclature really get the food processor blade treatment. Haddon's Delight, for example (see what I mean?).
Haddo's Delight. "Haddo's" is underlined, but being capitalized, is only flagged for checking, not changed. Lower case changes it to "had". Onna Mac. Uncle

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Here’s what I get when using only the suggested words on my iPhone:

I just wanna was a great day and a lot better today than me in a Tsuge way too many things others might have been a lot of things to say but it’s a very dynamic experience with that the same time I do have a lot better and more like that one time in my mind

???

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"A lesson to KILL OFF all auto-correct functions as soon as you unbox any device."

I totally agree, but only on the condition that those folk that do so actually proof-read their posts afore clicking the send button!

There's nothing worse than having to re-read someone's post due to silly spelling/grammatical errors.

Regards,

Jay.?

Aha the correct thread for my post ...

On the other hand ... my phone has learnt to predict what I am planning to type - For example when I write Peterson it predicts that the next word I am going to type is Sherlock, Dublin and Saint (Since these are the three Peterson pipes I Smoke most). On the same line when I write Sasieni it predicts Four Dots.

DF09A13A-B418-4C8A-B686-B0D490E36378.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.