PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bob the bear

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2022
Edinburgh UK
Edits: Capitalize all proper names, please.

Hi Everyone, I know this has been covered in past threads but now with brexit having come and gone etc I thought I’d ask again, is Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding available anywhere in the UK? I see it is supposedly available at Tobacconline , does anyone know if this site is legitimate? If not or not sure where to get it do my felllow UK pipe smokers know if I’ll get pounded on import charges etc if I try import a couple of tins from the USA? I know there are other blends that are similar but I really want to try this particular USA blend. Thanking you in advance
BoB

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Not entirely sure how it works in the U.K. but when it was still legal to do so here in Nanny State Australia, 1 in 4-5 tobacco orders were intercepted by Customs.
They'd send an invoice for duty. Most just ignored the invoice and reordered. Not a big deal.

Soon after the scamdemic started, Customs efficiency has been affected, especially from staff shortages.
U.K. would be having the same issues I'd imagine.
It's a good time to order baccy.
Around 12 months ago I got 12 x 1lb orders through before the 13th was intercepted.

Plum Pudding and Mississippi River are fine blends that are definitely worth trying.
They're both popular for a reason.
Buy the 8oz tin since that has no more chance of being detected than a 2-4oz tin.

www.4noggins.com posts OS and knows how to play the game.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Might be as good a place as any to ask, I watched a Bremen Pipe Smoker video recently on GLP Vanilla Cream. He mentioned that a lot of US tobaccos weren't allowed to be sold in Europe due to some of the ingredients. I think he cited Coumarin as one of the culprits.

Anyone able to back that up? I've always been curious why C&D and friends don't export at least a few times a year.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Might be as good a place as any to ask, I watched a Bremen Pipe Smoker video recently on GLP Vanilla Cream. He mentioned that a lot of US tobaccos weren't allowed to be sold in Europe due to some of the ingredients. I think he cited Coumarin as one of the culprits.

Anyone able to back that up? I've always been curious why C&D and friends don't export at least a few times a year.
Tonka beans were (are?) banned in the US. So I think it is the other way around.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
What happens when they intercept your parcel these days?
Funny that you say that.
When the 13th parcel was intercepted that I'd mentioned in the above post, I received my 2nd warning notice.
After writing that post I figured it was worth trying again so I started ordering 2lbs per purchase. [I'm kicking myself for not maximising my efforts much sooner]
4 x 2lb orders made it to my door, the 5th was intercepted. My 3rd 'offense'.
This time I received a Seizure and Disposal Notice from Border Force.

Since this is an open forum, I wont go into any further details so if you'd like to discuss further just drop me a PM.

. . . and welcome to the forum puffy