PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddypiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Are these really as good as everyone makes them out to be? Everything I've read, from reviews to various forum posts, everyone seems speak very highly of these two blends which makes me want to try them. But at the price and being fairly new I don't want to be let down or find out it's too strong for me at this time. So what does everyone here think about them? I'm most interested to see what, if any, people have to say against the blends as I've already heard just about every good thing that could be said about them. Thanks in advance to anyone's opinion.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Both are really worth trying. Plum Pudding might be my favourite blend. Potlatch has a very nutty quality to a solid English.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Plum Pudding is likely my favorite tobacco. Smokey magic happiness. Stock up. I don't know if it will survive the FDA thing.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Funny, those were two of the first "quality" tobaccos I ever bought.
Plum pudding is fairly heralded..I think it delivers for what it is. Not to my taste but the n quality is apparent.

Potlatch doesn't get much love that I've seen. Its lighter on the latakia and is fairly complex... again, enjoyable smoke but not really to my taste.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Funny, those were two of the first "quality" tobaccos I ever bought.
Plum pudding is fairly heralded..I think it delivers for what it is. Not to my taste but the n quality is apparent.

Potlatch doesn't get much love that I've seen. Its lighter on the latakia and is fairly complex... again, enjoyable smoke but not really to my taste.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. I'd call these mixed reviews. I have them both unopened. Will see for myself by and by.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Plum Pudding is an excellent pressed Balkan that rightfully stands out from the sea of English/Balkan blends. Have not tried the other one you mention and probably never will get around to it.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Potlatch is another fine blend. I have some, and have smoked it at it's roll out party in the Seattle Pipe Club, but haven't smoked it in some time. It was very good too, and was my favorite of that release. My testimonial is on P&C still, lol!
Smokey and spicy, the Burley'd Cavendish just adds a wonderful accent to this new blend from SPC. I Love the stuff and see it becoming a member of my regular rotation.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
The only one that didn't light my fire was Mississippi River. That's just me, I ain't give up yet. Plum is great and Pike Place (NLA) is excellent .

mattguss

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Seattle Pipe Club
Plum Pudding is the best Balkan ever made in my opinion. I love it above everything else. Other people feel that way about Mississippi River. You have to try them for yourself or you'll never, ever know. But that's the fun part.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Huge fan of Plum Pudding! I have stocked up in my tubs of tobacco-magedon with that blend. Huzzah to Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.