PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I would have loved to have acquired one as well, but finances didn’t allow for it at the time. Very beautiful pipes!

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I picked this up a month ago. Haven't smoked it yet, but if it smokes anything like the smooth version I have I'll be happy. Probably going to dedicate this one to VA's as my other is for Va/Pers. Seems fitting. I was thinking about picking up a rusticated version but the finish is so similar I don't think there is much difference to warrant another 317 purchase of negligible aesthetic nature. However, I would like to buy a deluxe version of this, which I believe is the 12.5s shape.15500

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Most of those anniversary pipes were dead sexy. I was shocked to see them sell out so fast, too. I wasn’t in the market for another pipe, and I don’t even know if I would’ve paid for another Peterson, but they look reeeeal nice. Gorgeous ring grain on those new blasts. Any forum members snag one? Interested to hear how they smoke.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been pleased with my Petes over the years, about eight of them. A limited edition that sold out so fast might not interest me, since I deliberate on buying a pipe for weeks, months. But I like the looks of them, essential design of the classic Pete.

Reactions: mtwaller and BROBS

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I have to say I don’t understand the draw. The shapes were all standard Peterson shapes that you could buy any day of the week, weren’t they? The stain is all black, so you don’t see the wood grain or contrast. Is it just that they had that sandblast pattern? Is that sandblast pattern special in some way?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I have to say I don’t understand the draw. The shapes were all standard Peterson shapes that you could buy any day of the week, weren’t they? The stain is all black, so you don’t see the wood grain or contrast. Is it just that they had that sandblast pattern? Is that sandblast pattern special in some way?

they are all silver spigot with new sandblast. the grains are more pronounced unlike their older sandblast that looked like prune. don't get me wrong, some of their old sandblast doesn't look that bad.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Same. I found them to be very unattractive. The black stain cheapens the look somehow. A warm brown would have highlighted the blast as well as shown off the underlying grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.