PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
If you’re interested in Chinese tea I would highly recommend Yunnan Sourcing. They have a US site and a site in Yunnan. Scott is a great guy and they carry a great selection of Pu-Erh (Ripe and Raw)Oolong, Black, Green and white tea.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Well, crap. Now I just ordered $60 worth of tea... Thanks Guys!!! ?

Cancel the order, lest you destroy the mental image I’ve developed of you over the last year - a perpetually full, old, worn enamel mug with gas station coffee and a splash of Early Times. All day. Every day.

Cancel it now. There’s no place for tea in this perception.

As for the tea - Yunnan Sourcing, as mentioned above, is a good spot.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
depends on how you take it -
most english don't mind tea bags
I prefer loose leaf but lately I stick to the standard english bagged tea like what teadog offers
Chinese black teas aren't a replacement for a good african/indian breakfast
Quite agree. That's why I prefer good Irish or Scottish breakfast teas. The latter I buy are blends of Assam and Kenyan teas.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Cancel the order, lest you destroy the mental image I’ve developed of you over the last year - a perpetually full, old, worn enamel mug with gas station coffee and a splash of Early Times. All day. Every day.

Cancel it now. There’s no place for tea in this perception.

As for the tea - Yunnan Sourcing, as mentioned above, is a good spot.
It's mainly for the wife. She drinks tea 24x7. At one of our favorite restaurants, they give her a whole pitcher of tea to herself

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Yunnan Sourcing, ftw.
The deep end of real tea.
Tea worth nerding out over, making a hobby, and possibly cellaring(if you go down the Pu'erh rabbit hole ?).
I'd compare it to ordering from Estervals. Gotta do some homework while you shop.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
I've had countless good dealings with Upton, as well as TeaHaus -- both are super friendly. Lately have been having trouble finding my favorite style, which is a really funky 2nd flush Darjeeling with Kakra designation (oxidization from the 'ministrations' of the jassid, or Indian green fly). In the past, vintages from Puttabong and Risheehat have been excellent, but lately they must be keeping the fly away from the plantations, or the bugs are not around.
So I ordered a few promising ones from Thunderbolt Tea and the box came directly from West Bengal, which was cool (though it took forever). Unfortunately the ones I bought with Kakra or Musk designation just didn't have that funkiness I was looking for. The hunt continues.

Reactions: rushx9 and edger

Kapnosis1988

Might Stick Around
Mar 5, 2021
Mandan, North Dakota, USA
Thank you! I would say that I'm satisfied with Harney's, but would like other sources to compare pricing and inventory with. Also for what its worth I felt that the company's political philosophy might be opposite of mine, given some of their associations etc.

• Love
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Status
Not open for further replies.