PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I know this has been asked here before, but I don't believe I've seen a definitive answer. Does anyone know of a source to purchase Deer Tongue? I love the stuff and want to be able to add it to blends. Crooner got me hooked, but I've noticed they appear to be using less of it in the blend lately. Now , it just seems bland. I want to be able to add it myself. Anyone???

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
If you want another deertounge blend to try, get C&D gentlemen. Caller, engine 382 or new market. All are great blends, gentlemen caller is the most deertounge forward, more than crooner
I just threw away a 1/2 tin of Gentlemen Caller. It had less Deer Tongue in the tin than Crooner. I found it very bland and couldn't even taste the Deer Tongue. Thanks for the info! I'll look harder.

Reactions: 3rdguy

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Interesting request. My friend is on his way back from a week long hunting trip in PA. I can ask him to cut the tongues out and send them to you if you'd like. Probably 4-5 of them if I had to reckon a guess.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Interesting request. My friend is on his way back from a week long hunting trip in PA. I can ask him to cut the tongues out and send them to you if you'd like. Probably 4-5 of them if I had to reckon a guess.
Tell your friend I prefer sticks!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I find the deertongue in Crooner can vary by batch. A 1lb bag will be great then an older bag I have will have less, or vice versa.

I would shoot C&D an email and see if you can buy a small amount from them via SP...

Reactions: tschiraldi

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Pretty sure here is the stuff:

But pays to read a bit first as there appear to be a variety of herbs labelled deer tongue (as well as deer tongue grass) and not all of them can be smoked. Here’s a helpful thread.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Pretty sure here is the stuff:

But pays to read a bit first as there appear to be a variety of herbs labelled deer tongue (as well as deer tongue grass) and not all of them can be smoked. Here’s a helpful thread.

Yes, and that looks like a good source

Status
Not open for further replies.