PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I think Sable has the right idea. When you start visualizing the little furry fu-- err, visitor as food, then he will sense it and flee.
Otherwise you're going to end up like Carl in Caddyshack.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. Got him Pappy, he got tired of that Eyetaluan food and hopped a train and was trying to steal my Boudin, Big Mistake you know how us Cajuns will eat anything. :rofl:

tinbird

Lurker
Feb 16, 2017
I think the time has come for you to realize that all this time you have been fighting your spirit guide. Perhaps by just stopping and allowing it to provide you with seeds of wisdom, it will then move on to other ventures.
Further, given the importance and longevity of this event, I respectfully suggest that we put our collective heads together and help by giving said creature a proper and respectful name, perhaps something like Borkum. In this way, we can just ask frank, "how are you and the family doing and how's Borkum?

Seems much more civilized to me.
What say you good people?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
a pellet rifle
I love little furry critters. But when they invade my family's space, they must die. I like to look in their eyes as the life fades from it, and a .177 pellet through the central chest cavity provides this opportunity.
If you want to protect the environment, stop people from making it into suburbs and ghettos. You must defend against the plague of rodents and other vermin however, and it's best just to man up and kill them face to face.
I should also mention again that most of them are tasty if prepared correctly. Waste not, want not.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
How's the chipmunk problem? Are they all settled in and enjoying their new home?
YUP! The family has settled in and are now fat and happy. There's at least 3 of them. Their a very intelligent species of chipmunks to. Even the "critter ridder" guy I brought in couldn't remove them. He had to consult with another pest remover after I called him back. They moved out for about a week, but then devised a new plan on how to re-enter, and now once again are enjoying the comforts of my home. Of course the neighbors make fun of my predicament, but then again...it's not easy being me.
Brad - LMAO :D, and honestly, all though they would amount to finger foods, if I ever capture these bastards I will send them to you so that you and your Cajun friends can enjoy them.
Al, OMG that video was AWESOME. But...as I've stated before. These "munks" are smart. They really aren't your average chipmunk. And with my luck, if I tried to use that idea I'm afraid the "munks" would turn the tables and get the best of me with that thing.
didimauw - as mentioned. They are living the good life.
tinbird, my neighbors do call them Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Business idea: small heating-seeking missiles to eliminate vermin (and cook them at the same time).
Sort of like in the movie Runaway (1984).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just yesterday in my yard I saw a chipmunk chasing a full-grown squirrel which was running for its life, eventually up a tree. The squirrel was, of course, about five times the size of the 'munk. I had to admire the little one's ferocity. As long as he or she doesn't come after me. I can't run that fast.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Business idea: small heating-seeking missiles to eliminate vermin (and cook them at the same time).
Sort of like in the movie Runaway (1984).
That's a helluva idea!
Just yesterday in my yard I saw a chipmunk chasing a full-grown squirrel which was running for its life, eventually up a tree. The squirrel was, of course, about five times the size of the 'munk. I had to admire the little one's ferocity. As long as he or she doesn't come after me. I can't run that fast.
Oh ya. I've seen "munks" chase squirrels. And this family of chipmunks are no different, but they're even more brazen. Remember, I borrowed a friends cat to eradicate Alvin from my home...the cat failed, and has never been the same again. These are not your ordinary chipmunks. I'm ready for an exorcist.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
If my daughter would allow it, I would ship you a dachshund mutt living in my backyard. She had him fixed a couple of years ago but all that did was to stop him from trying to dig holes under the fence. Apparently the female dogs in the neighboring yards hold no interest for him.
He chases everything. Squirrels, rats, mice, birds, cable and phone repairmen, etc. He's tough and can be mean. One neighbor has a couple of large mix-bred dogs that are part German Shepard. One of them made the mistake of getting into our yard and started barking at Pogo. Pogo took him by the throat and taught him how to be a guard dog.
He is very cute and loving to anyone who will toss him a snack or scratch him behind his ears or on his belly.
He is just very territorial once he gets settled in.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If I recall correctly (IIRC), Dachshunds were bred to hunt weasels, ferrets, rabbits and other wily small game.
I would not mess with one of those. Besides, I've known quite a few good ones.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Deathmetal - The also were bread to hunt badgers by digging into the holes and pulling the badger out. I also read that full size Dachshunds were used in Africa to hunt jackals.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
pappymac, I want that dog. I'll even pay for it. Hell, I'll rub wherever he likes if he does the job. :D

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Good thing you don't live in PA or do you? From the PA web site:
Legal Status
Chipmunks are not protected by federal law, but are protected by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. Pennsylvania law allows landowners to take chipmunks when they are causing or about to cause damage to property.
So if you live in PA and they are not damaging your property, they get to stay. Just think of them as new and inexpensive family members enjoying your hospitality.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I dunno, Frank.
You may get rid of the 'monks with that kind of a rub but, you"ll never get rid of the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.