PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
It has become clear to me that I've been kind of a dick lately. It is totally my fault and I want to say I am sorry. My girlfriend got mugged last week and had a mild concussion and had to have stitches. The first 24 hours were scary but she is totally fine now, except for little emotional baggage, which is to be expected. The guys who took her purse snuck up behind her as she waited for her bus to work and hit her in the head. They kept hitting her until she let go of her purse. The bus stop is two blocks away from the house in a nice neighborhood and it was the last thing either one of us expected. Especially since the last house we lived at there were crackheads 24/7 roaming the area and in plain sight. She'd ridden the bus for 25 years without incident. Today, I took the staples out of her head and now she is much happier and comfortable. I am still high strung and pissed off. I didn't mean to take it out on the guy in the magic tobacco post but here we are. Sorry man. I value the diversity and knowledge of this forum and hope to continue to be a productive and active member. I don't tolerate intolerance, especially of the religious kind and that is my issue and dirty laundry, and no one else's responsibility. In talking about it I hope to deal with it better and not keep it bottled up. So, I am sorry about the bad Mojo, I'll strive to be more patient and put my anger in its proper place... a punk's skull. Thanks.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Sorry to hear of your bad times brother. I would be like you or worse if I were in your shoes. Here is to you getting past this without too much ado and getting back to normal. I take it you've tried to relax with a favorite pipe and bowl of tobacco eh??? Don't be too hard on yourself you'll get past it to happier times.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
It is not you my friend being a dick, those people who mugged your girlfriend are the real dicks. Those kind of people just deserve a punishment like they have in Iran. Cut a finger of them and it will be all settled. I am really sorry for what has happened to your girlfriend. Stay strong brother.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mayfair, Sorry to here about this. This world isn't improving, and constantly watching our back isn't part of the deal.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
May, no apologies needed, I wish her a complete recovery, and if it's hard a return of the Holiday season. Nitecap is my 100% smoke and I hope it was a good smoke for you. Damn these Savsges.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Sorry for your/her troubles and hoping all is well. If something gets my back up I usually type out a response but upon proof reading I'll delete it, a fine group of people here.
tbrad, you're spot on, savages, all of them.

hooboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
When as a small boy I heard my grandfather in a discussion mention someone being sorry!

I knew the term "I'm Sorry" and knew what it meant. Not being familiar of this describing term

I ask him to clarifty what he said.

He said in his opinion "a person so low that the only way to improve one was to rid the world

of them!" A bit cold methinks but those muggers fit the description to a TEE.

I feel Terrible for her AND you.

hoo

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I suspect almost the entire membership has sat down at the keyboard when they shouldn't have.
You both will move passed this and find a new normal with a heightened awareness of what is going on about you and less trust in your fellow man. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure. My sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery.

At a certain age, most of is stop holding a grudge, probably because of our memories. Life is too short to hold onto, who said what. That said, I hope she recovers soon, and I hope the universe and the law cashes in on that scumbag. But, I'm not sure what was said in that thread, but we are a forgiving bunch... unless, of course, you spam the forums with cheap Chinese lighters. Heck, I can't even remember that guy's forum name, ha ha.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Mayfair, I'm happy to hear that your girlfriend is on the mend, and both of you are on your way to recovery. I wish the best for you both... and remember, sir, we all lose ourselves from time to time.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Thanks all, for the words of encouragement. It really helps to hear the words in my head echoed by a group of pipe smokers I've barely met. It is most welcome and appreciated. My best to you and yours this Holiday season. Peace. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mayfair, what an awful experience. I wish rapid and complete healing for your girlfriend, physically, and for both of you in terms of morale. May the perps encounter the justice they invite. May their next "victim" be one of the nastier drug mules in your vicinity, or something like that, the undercover woman cop with the largest clip that's legal and a stubby in her sock.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Glad everyone is ok
I am with MSO. The need to get some hot shot in the ass problem solve. World a better place.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I suspect almost the entire membership has sat down at the keyboard when they shouldn't have.
You both will move passed this and find a new normal with a heightened awareness of what is going on about you and less trust in your fellow man. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure. My sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery.
I can't say it any better than this. Water under the bridge brother. :)

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
that is terrible, I wish they were in Texas we would have dealt with them, we shoot first and ask questions later, if not our boys in blue would of, It always happens to the innocent and it gets me aggravated when the victims of crime is working people, hope you fair well this day my friend and speedy recovery to your wife, and to the ne'er-do-wells let it be known that karma comes around with a full frontal punch and they will receive their just punishment sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.