PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
When you have a sore throat, do you take a break from the pipe? I know technically we don't inhale but just curious. I also seem to get sore throats more frequently since partaking of the weed.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
For me it depends if I feel like I will end up getting sick soon I will but if it's just a little raspy then I ignore it and continue puffing. Good luck and hope you don't get sick.

Edit: If Pete's post and mine look the same it's not me copying him he beat me by 13 seconds.

~Ron

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Definitely a feeling thing my friend. I have taken time off when sick. No worries, your pipes and baccy aren't going anywhere.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
If I have a runny nose to accompany it I take a break because I find being unable to smell really affects the taste of the tobacco but just a sore throat, nope! I keep on puffin'!

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Sometimes burley bothers my throat. No other tobacco does. If I have a sore throat, I use nicotine gum.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I would take a break, personally. I think major health problems can be avoided by stopping when the symptoms are minor.

Aug 1, 2012
I got sore throats more frequently with the pipe until I started paying attention to my water intake and staying more hydrated. When it does get sore I choose to lay off the pipe until it gets better.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I recently got over a sore throat that I had for 2 weeks. It was the only symptoms so I just kept smoking. It honestly did not make my throat feel worse because I do not inhale.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I know that it is best that when I'm feeling a sore throat to just stop smoking and wait until I'm better.
Do I do it? Nahhhhhhh. Only if its really bad.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks everyone - some good thoughts here. When I am sick, my tastes buds are always off. I think I'll lay off for a bit and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.