PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I've thought about this question a ton, and for me, the obvious answer is from Atom and His Package's classic "Punk Rock Academy." Prepare yourselves.

"I was fighting the mold in the bowl with my pee, when a thought popped into my brain..."

Its not as good as Atom and His Packages piss fantasies, but here is another... From The Weakerthans Confessions of a Futon Revolutionist

"Held like water in your shaking hands.... Are all the small defeats the day demands.."

Grazer

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
To each their own, I guess. Every time some music has me scratching my head (or recoiling in abject horror), I force myself to remember that for any music out there, it's somebody's favorite, somewhere, for some reason. I still remember when I was deep in my crust punk phase, when Green Day came out. It mystified me and then I realized - it's safe music for people who want to feel edgy, but aren't. Likewise, pop country is for suburban housewives who like horses at a distance, pictures of rolling crop fields, and Live Laugh Love.

I don't know who Nickelback appeals to, because I've never met a fan in the wild.
There are two kinds of people:

1. Those who love Nickelback

2. Those who are afraid to admit they love Nickelback.

...On a serious note, I can tell you who actually DID love them were hammered girls at the bars and clubs circa 2006-2010. I had a side gig playing weekends in a group that played anything that was popular and upbeat...they got requested a lot :rolleyes:

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
There are two kinds of people:

1. Those who love Nickelback

2. Those who are afraid to admit they love Nickelback.

...On a serious note, I can tell you who actually DID love them were hammered girls at the bars and clubs circa 2006-2010. I had a side gig playing weekends in a group that played anything that was popular and upbeat...they got requested a lot :rolleyes:
After careful consideration, I believe I fall into Group 3. The bulk of humanity who do not like vapid and trite corporate soft rock. Also, hammered girls aren't my barometer for culture. :D

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.