PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/johnbarleycorn/album/picture/18965

Bought this Mimmo poker with every intention of dedicating it to English blends. Stuck to the plan for several weeks. But today after finishing a bowl of Squadron Leader I decided to stuff a flake of Orlik Golden Sliced in it. I think the pipe is trying to tell me something. Apparently she really likes VaPers! At the very least it will be a multi use pipe if not strictly Virginia blends. Sometimes the pipe knows best.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Yeah sometimes pipes happen when you're busy making plans. At least I think that's the expression. :wink:

I've had that happen quite a few times, and it's simultaneously a bit frustrating and rewarding. Sometimes a blend ends up just singing in unexpected ways.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
For me the pipe always decides. I have a routine with every new pipe. I run through them and find the one it likes best

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
As do I. Va's , Latakia blends, then VaPers. Sometimes a pipe runs through them all. Sometimes a pipe stops me cold.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes nothing burns and nothing tastes great. A pipe will be phenomenal one time and meh the next, and then back to great. Same with tobaccos.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Some are mostly for the Latakia forward and some are mostly for aromatics ... I'm really lazy about keeping track of pipe-to-blend-type dedication. I mostly smoke everything in anything, with chamber depth and diameter acting minimally in determining what burns in what. Over time, over many glowing bowls, many ghosts and de-ghosts, the pipes generally let me know what they liked burning in 'em. Over time, the pipes had me pretty well trained. :wink:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Always start with Va,Vaper and Vabur flakes. If any of those work stick with them. If none of those work, then try a high quality aromatic, if that doesn't work then try an English blend. Latakia is the devils weed, every tin should be marked with a 666. :rofl:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Harris, The Devil actually smoke cloves. I learned this over the course of a bad acid trip in college. I'm certain.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The very fact that my pipes have found there way into my hands means they've made poor life choices and can't be trusted any further. My pipes are no longer allowed to decide anything.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And further to Warren's admonition, I say, train your pipes! Don't let them run wild digging up plants or peeing on carpets, etc. Show them who's boss, in a loving but firm manner.

Dec 28, 2015
Well it's getting along very well with Capstan blue flake at the moment so one or the other of is obviously learning something.

Status
Not open for further replies.