PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Tonight I had just enough time for a quick bowl before bed. I was craving some Full Virginia Flake but it was, as you might guess, Samuel-Gawith-Wet. And in that moment the devil planted a thought in my head that was vile: 'USE THE MICROWAVE." I tried to resist but my curiosity was too strong. Moments later I found myself walking to the kitchen, opening the microwave door, and, hanging my head in shame, nuking the hell out of my favorite leaf. When the deed was done, I pulled the tobacco out. It was bone dry.

And it smoked. like. a. charm. It lit right away. It tasted just as good.

I suppose this post is my confession. I'm just stunned that the taste did not seem different in any regard. I know some like their Virginias bone dry, so the dryness doesn't surprise me as much as the efficacy of the method.

What say ye? Am I alone in this experience?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Tonight I had just enough time for a quick bowl before bed. I was craving some Full Virginia Flake but it was, as you might guess, Samuel-Gawith-Wet. And in that moment the devil planted a thought in my head that was vile: 'USE THE MICROWAVE." I tried to resist but my curiosity was too strong. Moments later I found myself walking to the kitchen, opening the microwave door, and, hanging my head in shame, nuking the hell out of my favorite leaf. When the deed was done, I pulled the tobacco out. It was bone dry.

And it smoked. like. a. charm. It lit right away. It tasted just as good.

I suppose this post is my confession. I'm just stunned that the taste did not seem different in any regard. I know some like their Virginias bone dry, so the dryness doesn't surprise me as much as the efficacy of the method.

What say ye? Am I alone in this experience?
I’ve never done it, but I know others have posted of doing the same thing.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Bad sides to microwaving? Some people say it changes the flavour. You can also overshoot your target and dry it out too much.

Be careful and tell us what you think.

Reactions: ofafeather