PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I think the last ones I got were Dr Grabow tapered, not much fluff but a little too bendy. I cut the dirty ends off and cut the middle bit into pieces for the gunk chamber in my Falcon. My supplier does White Elephant and I think I’ll give them a run next order.

Reactions: ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Not meaning to resurrect a stale thread, nor meaning to act as a shill for pipe cleaner manufacturers; I‘ve tried a couple new brands of pipe cleaners, and both shed very little.

23731856-BA8E-45FB-89D4-17747CA15DE0.jpeg

I felt compelled to try out the White Elephants. They only come in one length, tapered and bristled. The tapered are very absorbant and the bristles are fine, not the kind that scratch up the inside of your stems. They don’t shed, either!

The other brand had been under my nose for years ...

CFBB43E2-5D6F-4829-88D4-5A18AE0E7256.jpeg

Iwan Ries of Chicago have their own brand of pipe cleaner. I’ve only tried the “Absorbest,” though they’ve got a bristled variant. Good cleaner. No fuzz, either. Only one length available on their web site, though.

Just thought I’d share important stuff, you know,

Reactions: Toast and mikefu

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I always procrastinate when it comes to buying pipe cleaners and then overthink the whole thing. Two days ago I decided I ought to find out who was the cheapest supplier of 56-pack cotton BJ Long pipe cleaners (slightly cheaper than the 100-pack), factoring in shipping (fixed, scalar), state taxes (or lack thereof), free shipping cutoff etc.

There was the initial [A] "not enough packs to make it worth it due to shipping" and then the fairly tiny "free shipping savings" and finally the [C] "it ain't getting any cheaper" asymptotic portion.

Interestingly the cheapest pipe cleaner ended up not being the cheapest overall due to the awful shipping options offered by the retailer, so I need to call and see if they would be willing to use a USPS large flat rate box, which would bring the price down to $0.005 (half a penny) per cleaner.

Clipboard01.jpg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I have started using the White Elephant cleaners and i have no complaints. Also i got some cleaners sent with a pipe i got from Blue Room. They're on the smaller side, i think they were included because the pipe i got has a small airway ( good on them, by the way). They're called Tom and Jerry pipe cleaners, but i believe they're made by BJ Long. I have other pipes with smaller airways and they work perfectly.

Tomcat

Lurker
Mar 7, 2021
North Carolina
Decatur tapered pipe cleaners from pipes and cigars ! I used them all the time.hardly any fuzz and work great . Only problem is they are always sold out ! Hope they still make them ?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I have Bryco Tapered for many years, Blitz when I can get them, and my all time-favorite are Kopp White Elephant. The wire is in the White Elephants is fine and springy, allowing them to fit easily and bend into bent draught holes but not kink. I have been really impressed with them and have stocked up, cause "who knows?"

Status
Not open for further replies.