PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Ebay Pipes
I was looking for Hunter series Nordings when I ran across this... nice litle collection for the money. Oh and read the end as to why he is selling :(

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I feel his pain, four of the five pipes I had to ebay last week are gone, the only one left is my pete 999 and I really hope it doesn't sell so I have an excuse to keep it.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
surely it's easier to get a new wife/girlfriend than replace a valued pipe? ;)

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I dunno...I think if I ever found myself wifeless (Let's be clear that's not something I want), I don't think I'd be willing to go through the rigors of acquiring a new one, there is a lot of time, effort, and expense involved in that and I just don't think it's something I'd be willing to do again.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
"I love these pipes nothing is wrong with them, my wife is making me sell them."
This sentence is incomprehensible to me. I trust this fellow will use the proceeds of the sale to buy a pair.
@stogie wrote " can appreciate sacrificing to please your spouse."
I'd sacrifice just about anything -- certainly just about any physical object -- for my darling bride's wellbeing. Sacrifice is rather the starting point for leadership and love, after all. But I see an enormous difference between that and "my wife is making me sell them."

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I'd sacrifice just about anything -- certainly just about any physical object -- for my darling bride's wellbeing. Sacrifice is rather the starting point for leadership and love, after all. But I see an enormous difference between that and "my wife is making me sell them."
I, of course, am with you in the spirit of this tslex - and would guess that there is a MUCH bigger back story here, but aside from that, I suppose a sacrifice that costs one little, reveals little value of the one sacrificed for...
Ha! Thank goodness this is not a sacrifice that my wife would ask me to make - she crinkles her cute supermodel nose at some of the blends I smoke, but in general, she likes that I smoke pipes and cigars. What a doll - I'm def thankful.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Yes, sad story. There might be more to the story. Like cutting back on groceries to buy another 200 pipe or not being able to pay rent this month 'cause you ordered 200 bucks worth of pipe-weed.
Whoever got them got a good deal. I wasn't going to go for it because of the "won't ship to AK" part, which usually means he's gonna sneak them in the UPS/Fedex at work and is too lazy to go to the Post Office.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
Someone got a killer deal! Those all look really nice. I really like that Tankard

Status
Not open for further replies.