PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Bob the bear

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2022
Edinburgh UK
So today is the day I finally got it! My long sought after Savinelli 320 Sienna KS. I got it for a relative bargain off eBay (being a teacher makes the purchase of the more “expensive” brands something to be eagerly looked forward to) I cleaned it up, ambled outside with some black Irish twist. Packed a little into it. Not too much. Black twist is a heavy hitter on the vitamin N for me. And just…sat and enjoyed an all too rare Scottish sunset at 10 30 pm. As I sat with the wisps of thick creamy smoke tantalising my tastebuds a fox trotted past me( didn’t even notice me )and squirrels were playing in the trees. Magpies twittering in the Maple above me. And it got me to thinking…how on earth is it that the simple pleasures of life such as a nice calm relaxing evening can take so long to be appreciated for the beauty it is. I’m in my mid 40s now, maybe my dad was right. Youth is wasted on the young. But hey….40 is the new 30 right ?. Glad I could finally come back to the country I love so much and just enjoy life. Like I said. Just some random musings and gratefulness for the beauty of the simple things .

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
So today is the day I finally got it! My long sought after Savinelli 320 Sienna KS. I got it for a relative bargain off eBay (being a teacher makes the purchase of the more “expensive” brands something to be eagerly looked forward to) I cleaned it up, ambled outside with some black Irish twist. Packed a little into it. Not too much. Black twist is a heavy hitter on the vitamin N for me. And just…sat and enjoyed an all too rare Scottish sunset at 10 30 pm. As I sat with the wisps of thick creamy smoke tantalising my tastebuds a fox trotted past me( didn’t even notice me )and squirrels were playing in the trees. Magpies twittering in the Maple above me. And it got me to thinking…how on earth is it that the simple pleasures of life such as a nice calm relaxing evening can take so long to be appreciated for the beauty it is. I’m in my mid 40s now, maybe my dad was right. Youth is wasted on the young. But hey….40 is the new 30 right ?. Glad I could finally come back to the country I love so much and just enjoy life. Like I said. Just some random musings and gratefulness for the beauty of the simple things .
Robert Burns would be proud.... puffy

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Had my first child at 45 and I must admit it really opened my eyes to the majesty of all this abundant life and nature glad we can relax and take it in with a good smoke, congrats on the new smoker , they sure smoke well the Sav’s

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Bob the bear you know smoking pipes has an EU website?

I’d say support them, instead of Ebay, there should be pipes there you can afford.

Aye Simplicity is bonnie! Enjoy! ❤️

Cheers... :)

Bob the bear

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2022
Edinburgh UK
I
@Bob the bear you know smoking pipes has an EU website?

I’d say support them, instead of Ebay, there should be pipes there you can afford.

Aye Simplicity is bonnie! Enjoy! ❤️

Cheers... :)
I did not know this. Thank you very much for letting me know about this site! ?

Reactions: kcghost

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Always good to go outside, turn off the electronics, listen to the wind and birds, and find out what you are thinking about. Scotland is a beautiful place to do that. Coming home to North Carolina, my solace was that it is just about as green here as there. Right now, mighty hot here.