PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
On Wednesday morning I was out running errands. While leaving Walmart I saw my car and almost threw up. Someone did this to my Cayman. Obviously not an accident. Someone targeted my car and did this on purpose. I've filed a claim, but now must find a way to focus my rage since it's unlikely I'll ever know who did this. Unbelievable some people. In the space I was parked the laws of physics don't allow for this to be just an accident. I was parked next to car that hadn't moved when I returned. So my poor car is at the Porsche shop :( sad/angry

That sucks. I'm sorry. Wait... the Walmart that you went to has a fence with barbed wire at the top?

Doesn't a Porsche being at a Walmart sort of start some sort of blackhole of irony?
I hope getting it fixed goes seamless and smooth for you. I had gotten a brand new Monte Carlo SS for graduation, and I didn't have it but for a month and it started mysteriously getting dings and scratches from just typical redneck angst in parking lots. I soon just gave in to my surroundings and switched to trucks and have never went back.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
That's so sad. I'm a insurance adjuster and I see that type of thing all the time. So many people just have no respect for other people's property. Nice car by the way.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol that last photo is at Tom Williams Porsche. You know it's funny, I got the same response from an old friend in Montana when he saw my car. "Get a truck and you needn't worry". I'm just not a truck guy at all. They're nice to look at, but wouldn't wanna live there. ;)

Oh and I'm the member of a rare subsection of Porsche society, the poor disabled Porsche owners club. We shop at discount stores.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Adam! Yeah I bet you do see that a lot! I'm curious to hear from my adjuster once he sees it. Luckily I have total coverage and even get a nice rental car.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I can't stand crap like this. I don't have a fancy car, and nor do I shop at Wal-Mart, but property is property and when someone messes with someone else's stuff... it's enraging. I don't blame you for being super pissed. I would go into Wal-Mart and ask to see their surveillance video. Did you file a police report? I see videos of people doing dumb shit at stores like Wal-Mart every night on the evening news. I would try to get some answers and not let something like this just go. Good luck dealing with it all. I hate stress that's brought on by others, but there seems to be a lot of it these days. We are living in idiot times.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
You could make a

Police report and the police could get outdoor camera footage (assuming this Walmart has outdoor cameras) and between indoor and outdoor footage, well, it can be done. If this had happened in a Walmart in my jurisdiction, the bad guy could be identified.
Mike S.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
It's almost certain this d-bag either was just in the store or went right in after doing this to your car, either way there are very good photos of him inside the store, if they caught even a crappy pic of him denting your car, they can match them up.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
To see such travesty happen to a thing of such beauty is surely an affront to any sensible man. (sorry been reading a lot of literature lately.)
Life lesson #241:. Don't drive your Porsche to Walmart.

My gut reaction as well. I'm not saying the vast majority of Walmart shoppers aren't good, I am just saying that you run an exponentially higher risk of encountering that person who is a jealous prick AND is just ignorant enough to do something about it...
the poor disabled Porsche owners club. We shop at discount stores.
If you can afford the maintenance schedule on a Porsche, I think we have different definitions of poor... lol

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I hate to say but the characteristics of America sinking is apparent at questionwalmart politics and morality. Shel

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I hate to say but the characteristics of America sinking is apparent at questionwalmart politics and morality. Shel

Jun 27, 2016
I'd be surprised if someone had targeted your car on purpose, but anything is possible. There's that drag mark to the left of the dent. Just as likely someone hooked you with their brush-guard and kept on going. At the end of the day, picking the best shop to get it fixed is the main thing here. I'm guessing that that could be fixed pretty easily if they know what they are doing, possibly without doing major metal work (new panel). They might be able to push it out from the inside with braces and air bladders and work it from there, you'll probably end up with a very thin skim-coat of filler and some paint blending after all of that. It will take skill though, especially due to the location being a complex curve on a panel that you can't just unbolt and swap out if you need to. I doubt that they would have to cut that panel out and weld in a new one for that dent though. :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Awful!

So, you and the police jump through all the hoops to ID this dirtbag, apprehend, charge and prosecute him/her.

If convicted -- and that's a big if -- the judge's sentence would probably be probation. You lose again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.