PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From what I can see, those will clean up nicely. They look in good shape, structurally sound, with no obvious damage. It's a rotation in itself for starters.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I strongly concur that the legacy aspect, inheriting these from your grandfather, is a wonderful way to receive pipes. For that reason, though I am all for cleaning them up, don't do anything heavy handed. No machine buffing that might obscure the stamping. Only gentle reaming, since reaming is the quickest way to damage a pipe in the hands of a beginner. I sure would not strip any finish. You want them bright and clean, but very much the same as your grandfather smoked them. Time will only improve these and their family heirloom qualities.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
A few months back I mentioned some of my grandfather’s pipes. I was cleaning today and found a little stash of them. I thought I’d share. They all need a good cleaning, except the little square one. It hasn’t been used. View attachment 34719

Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)
I’d kill for my great grandfathers or my uncles pipes! Those are cool. Wish you many nostalgic smokes!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, that Wally Frank type pipe caught my eye, sort of a panel pipe carried to the next level. They didn't catch on, and ray47 hasn't smoked his in a year, and your grandfather never smoked it, so it may not be as alluring as the other more traditional pipes, but it could win your heart. It's an interesting looker anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.