PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
I was looking to try some of the German blends which are not sold in America, couple of forum members were nice enough to send me some samples. Boy, did customs give me a headache. It took them 2 weeks to figure out whether tobacco contained illegal compounds or not. Cocaine from America would have been easier to order.
Anyway, thanks to deniz and stvalentine I seem to have covered large chunk of Motzek's line-up.
pXm2gUZ.jpg

I could not get a better photo at this time, but the samples are: Old Louisiana Mixture, Tom's Dark Twist, TAK Latakia Cake, TAK Black Gold, 16/5.
I managed to smoke only Dark Twist for now, that one was the one I was most curious about since it's 50/50 Perique and DFK mixture. It is not as much of a nicotine bomb as I expected, slightly stronger than Irish Flake, but quite full bodied. My nicotine senses might be dulled because of some cigars I've been smoking lately. It is quite full bodied though, and very pleasant.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Fun!
I didn't have any trouble coming back to the US with a LOT of tobacco. I had picked stuff up in Germany, Switzrland and France, flew out of Paris and into Chicago with no trouble. Although all my tobacco was in either printed bags or tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice! These look pretty good at SPC:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Peter-Heinrich/

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Great to hear that the samples have arrived. I hear you about customs. German customs has charged the bl**dy h*ll out of me for tobacco from the US. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.