PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PApiper63

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2024
I enjoy going to a cigar and pipe shop and lighting up while I talk to the guys. There is something about smoking a cigar or a pipe with others that leads to good conversation. Unfortunately, my close buddies don't share my interest in tobacco, so I usually smoke alone.
I'm just curious if you folks often smoke with friends or is smoking a solitary activity for you.

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
IMG_8329.jpeg

In 10 months I’ve smoked once with a coworker at a company retreat, and twice with my wife when she had a cigarette while I had a cigar. She’s also come outside a few other times while I’ve had a cigar or pipe, but usually complained about the smell: she grew up with cigarette smokers, so that’s normal to her. Though she does like it when I have Blood Red Moon.

On my birthday I visited the cigar lounge in Escanaba, and had a nasty CAO Vision cigar. The only other person there was the owner, who had a few cigarettes during the course of the 75 minutes.

The cigar lounge and the company retreat were the only times I’ve smoked outside my property. I’m almost always on my deck or in my woods. It would be nice to have a few social outlets, but I don’t expect it to happen.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
That said, I have a few friends that smoke that I enjoy smoking with, but I enjoy them without the smoking just as well.
I’m not a fan of folks that assume we’re buddies because we share an interest or hobby. I’ll talk to anyone for a second, but if we don’t click, I’m out.
I really enjoy my pipes and tobak, and geeking out in internet discussion about such is both educational and entertaining. There’s many members here I could probably get along with in person, but just as many that I enjoy interacting with on this forum could very well be folks I’d abhor the company of in person (and them, me).

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Pipe is always solitary at home, and usually sitting in my porch as just can't smoke while doing anything much, certainly not while working in yard. Rare cigar with others. Almost everyone I know is a complete non-smoker, or quit cigarettes and won't touch anything tobak-related. And that all suits me fine as I moved to where I am to further develop my inner hermit, notwithstanding my wife's assertion (and my agreement) that I am a social extrovert.