PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been working on a tin that is 3 years old and I love this stuff. The tobacco comes in 100 gram tins and upon opening you get a very nice nose full of raisins, figs and just an all around sweet smell. The flake is a medium brown with some gold hints running through it. It is much drier than say flakes from Samuel Gawith which makes drying time pretty much negligible. There is no casing so all you get is rich tobacco flavor with some really nice nose. It does have a bit of nicotine which I happen to enjoy. It is more of an afternoon or evening smoke although it does go well with a nice cup of coffee in the morning if you can handle the nic on an empty stomach. The kentucky in the blend gives it a spiciness not unlike perique but not as sour. In closing this is a world class flake that every flake lover should try because you will most likely add it to your cellar. Enjoy!!!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I've been looking at that...it's on my shortlist but somehow never makes it into the shopping cart.
Thanks for the review, I may finally add some to my next order :puffy:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the heads up.

I tend to spread my orders.. give them each a bit of the pie so to speak. Plus the fact I just ordered 10 tins for the cellar and paid for my BriarBird pipe... I'll have to wait till Friday anyway.
But it's definitely now at the top to be added to my next order.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
This is horrible tobacco :wink: Do not buy it! :wink: I'll take one for the troops and smoke it for you 8)
Yeah, Ok, I'll come clean. It is quite good, and probably my favorite blend using those component tobaccos.

In addition, there are never any logs or other timber or garbage in Solani tins. A solid maker, for sure.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Steve, you'd better hope that they don't ban Harris. He'd move in with you and smoke up your stash! :rofl:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ban me, no one would dare. It is weird seeing a 5 year old thread topped, hard to believe it will be 6 years this May. This thread does remind me that I still have that batch I was smoking through. Now I just need to find it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Got a tin and finished my first bowl just now. I actually smoked it in a new, tall moretti I recently acquired. Started out a little rough after dying it a bit. About 1/3 of the way through the bowl it started getting good. 1/2 way down, it was excellent. Got the spice of Perique but a sweeter spice. Burned completely to s fine ash to the bottom of the bowl. This is definitely a keeper. I think I'll dedicate this pipe to this blend. Should be a great tobacco for developing a good cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.