PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I actually just recieved a tin of Solani Aged Burley Flake this afternoon. Plan on throwing it in the cellar for a while since i have a bunch of bulk that needs to be jarred up already. From the reviews this blend should be a real winner so if it sounds like something you would enjoy perhaps pick up a tin or 2 and see for yourself as we all have different tastes in tobacco.

Reactions: dcon and tomatamot

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Dunno about it, I have an unopened tin but got some leftover flakes from a friend who didn't like it.

The first half of the bowl tasted like licorice to me - a taste I hate - and not much else. The second half did improve but overall I didn't get anything out of it similar to what the reviews would have me think.

Now I got that unopened tin sitting for 6 months already and aren't in a hurry to open it.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
It's been a while since I had this but I found it fairly unique relative to all the blends I have smoked. Tasted like liquorice and chocolate to me and when the chocolate was winning it was delicious. The claim is that this stuff is all-natural but I'm not entirely sure what is meant by that because I don't believe for a second that this stuff does not have flavour added.

It's not my favourite of the Solani bunch. Those are 633 Virginia Flake which is my favourite tobacco of all time or the Silver Flake but the packaging on that one gets on my nerves and I don't like the fact I can't buy it in 50g tins.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Just opened a tin this week and it's becoming one of my favorite tobaccos, even though I'm not a huge fan of burley in general. Might place and order this week for the cellar.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
It’s growing on me. I’m primarily a Va/VaPer smoker, but I’m starting to really like it. My last order I had a more Burley blends than Virginias.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
As a burley fan, this is probably my favorite. I was unimpressed at first, but it improves a lot with time. With tin aging in general, but also some time in a jar. Bready, nutty, chocolaty, sweet....
Jar time did wonders for my tin from 2012. I’m enjoying a bowl now and the first part of the bowl was sweet molasses, then went flat. I think I was overpuffing. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and now it’s not as sweet but the flavors have come back.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Jar time did wonders for my tin from 2012. I’m enjoying a bowl now and the first part of the bowl was sweet molasses, then went flat. I think I was overpuffing. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and now it’s not as sweet but the flavors have come back.

Molasses. Yes, that was the other thing about it that was obvious that I couldn't remember. Perhaps it's time to buy another tin.

Reactions: elpfeife and kwg116

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
As a burley fan, this is probably my favorite. I was unimpressed at first, but it improves a lot with time. With tin aging in general, but also some time in a jar. Bready, nutty, chocolaty, sweet....

That's good to hear because what I tried - although it was not my own tin which is still unopened - was anywhere from flat and tasteless to bad tasting for my tastes due to the liquorice. I'll leave my tin unopened until there's nothing else to smoke.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
One of my favorite burley blends. I haven't smoked some in a while and have a dozen tins in the cellar with about 5 years on them. Time to go crack one!

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
ABF is excellent. I’ve smoked quite a bit and find it extremely satisfying. Are there better burley blends out there...sure. It was my lead in, along with RDF, into burley deliciousness. Now, burley is right up there for me with my Virginias & VaPers. Highly recommend getting just one tin. I did, and wished I got more.☕

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.