PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Don't bother trying Mexico, while the law hasn't been enforced / word hasn't gotten around, most of the country is now nonsmoking in public, in buildings, in houses, etc., I guess the cartels don't like the competition!

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I once read here that tacos are just cheeseburgers with a crunchy bun.

Speaking of not being able to smoke. We are on holiday and will soon be staying down the road from NZ’s only B&M. I decided I could fork out the steep tin prices and rung ahead to see what stock they had and whether there were any meets happening in their lounge this week. The response was pretty much

“Lounge? Huh? You want to smoke inside? Haha Yeah Nah Bro, gotta go to the states for that”

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Don't bother trying Mexico, while the law hasn't been enforced / word hasn't gotten around, most of the country is now nonsmoking in public, in buildings, in houses, etc., I guess the cartels don't like the competition!

The place I work has a full on smoking ban and ashtrays and it seems like my theory that ashtrays beat smoking bans works in practice. I wonder in situations like this if it's one of those laws that goes further then even the law makers want to go so that when they do want to enforce it they don't have to deal with nuances. An example of that according to the local fire marshal. In my area you are not legally allowed to have a fire outside in your property. The whole reason they tell me they wrote the law like that is that if someone is being reckless there is no loophole or excuses they can use and more so if their fire gets out of hand they don't have to waste time with the person saying the followed the rules. It also avoids the whole we forgot to include that.
Banned in many public places in the states, including parks.
That would explain why I've had park employees tell me technically I shouldn't be smoking but nice pipe.

Reactions: Briar Tuck