PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Everyone thinks they should have a business web site, but not so many think this means upkeep and maintenance, so we have thousands of ghost ship sites that represent businesses that no longer exist in that form, or at all.

Yes but not exactly the case with Mars Cigars as they are fulfilling online orders as far as I know.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Right, but that's what a web presence should tell the potential customer. We are no longer doing retail at our location but you are welcome to order online. That way, puff_not_snuff saves an hour or two and doesn't burn gas in his truck going to see a locked storefront. There may be a good reason for this lack of communication. Maybe they got caught short by the public health problems and had to let their online staffer go, or whatever. I'm not saying it is terrible. It's just that this is exactly the kind of communication and service our miraculous digital world is supposed to provide.

Jan 27, 2020
Right, but that's what a web presence should tell the potential customer. We are no longer doing retail at our location but you are welcome to order online. That way, puff_not_snuff saves an hour or two and doesn't burn gas in his truck going to see a locked storefront. There may be a good reason for this lack of communication. Maybe they got caught short by the public health problems and had to let their online staffer go, or whatever. I'm not saying it is terrible. It's just that this is exactly the kind of communication and service our miraculous digital world is supposed to provide.

Exactly, I guess I should of called. I did email a week or so ago asking what snuffs they carried (as not allows to be sold online) and mentioned that I wanted to pop by but didn’t get a reply. Anyway... 2+ hours wasted and $20+ in gas, at least my girlfriend doesn’t know!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
This is what I am scared of, B&M's closing their doors. I have a feeling that new federal regs will eliminate online tobacco sales in which case we will need our local B&M's to supply our needs. This is the prime reason I cellar tobacco. I can't emphasize enough how much our local tobacconists need our support.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
No, I generally use smoke signals. What’s your point exactly? I emailed at a late hour regarding the snuff, and actually, their website recommends email for communicating with them. Obviously, I know you’re being a wise ass but any salient train of thought beyond that isn’t really evident to me.

My point is my time is way too valuable to take a joy ride I could avoid by making a phone call. Carry on.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is what I am scared of, B&M's closing their doors. I have a feeling that new federal regs will eliminate online tobacco sales in which case we will need our local B&M's to supply our needs. This is the prime reason I cellar tobacco. I can't emphasize enough how much our local tobacconists need our support.

Hard to support them when the doors are closed though. This virus hasn't done the B&Ms any favors and they obviously don't need any additional roadblocks.

Jan 27, 2020
Not to be a nudge, but Mars actually does say on their website they are not open to the public right now ;) I have a Plant not far from Lemoyne; out there two weeks ago. When I checked the store hours on the 'About Us' they were all blanked out with a note in bold they weren't open for now.

Oh well. I am truly an idiot! Hope my lady doesn’t find this forum. I was really looking forward to buying a variety of stuff including some snuff :(

Jan 27, 2020
One last uninteresting detail: actually, I have a flip phone and use an iPad with data plan for most else when traveling. Last night the iPad went kaput but luckily or not I had the Mars address so went to check it out and with no signage or anything at the place I used my stand alone GPS to direct me to a library so I could investigate where I read in a google review that the place was closed. Damn, it felt like I was back in 2002 without instant internet access...

Status
Not open for further replies.