PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
As has been repeated myriad times- the crystals are not sugar. They are oils that have oozed out of the tobacco over time and dried. Some suggest that the colorization and crystals are the result of minerals.

The subject has seemed to come up every fortnight for the last 30+ years I’ve been smoking cigars and pipes.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Look, people say that plume is in fact mold. With that being said some of the best tins of tobacco that I’ve smoked were dusted with shiny crystals. The last one was a tin of Kajun Kake from C&D and it was sublime.

On a side note, I have no idea why Kajun Kake is never talked about. Such a great blend!
On my 3rd order of kajun Kake, dark pressed block. If you like this blend try Pirate cake.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Since I don't care about what day it was made, I ignore the first two digits. The second set of numbers is the number of months past 1995. You can diddle with the extra month to account for the December start, but who cares? 280/12 equals 23.3333333333333333333333 years. I'd call it somewhere in the neighborhood of April 2018, the third of the year being four months.

I stand bold, fearless, and fully erect waiting to be corrected.
According to a nice tobacco dating spreadsheet that I have, the production date was March 10, 2019.

This was calculated using the spreadsheet discussed in this thread.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
On my 3rd order of kajun Kake, dark pressed block. If you like this blend try Pirate cake.
Kajun Kake and Pirate Cake are nothing alike. Pirate Cake has large amounts of Latakia, Kajun Kake is a Vaper

Reactions: craig61a
Status
Not open for further replies.